Covered in Color

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

Image via DES CHAPEAUX.

If our current Pop of Color stylebook and Latest Looks don’t have you craving color, then maybe these technicolor vintage magazine scans will. I’m smitten with the cool contrast of complementary colors in each of these covers, especially the gorgeous goldenrod yellow, evergreen, and deep purple amalgam pictured above.

Image via DES CHAPEAUX.

Image via DES CHAPEAUX.

This spring, you can bet I’ll seek out a blue and white gingham dress to go with a precious yellow straw hat!

Image via DES CHAPEAUX.

Image via DES CHAPEAUX.

Image via DES CHAPEAUX.

Image via DES CHAPEAUX.

How amazing is the vibrant contrast between hot pink, electric blue, and lime green?

Any trends you plan on embracing this spring?

, , , , , ,

8 Responses to Covered in Color

1. Sarita 01/10/2011 at 11:18 am #

I LOVE pairing complementary colors together in my wardrobe. Though red and green together can be tricky.

2. Brielle 01/10/2011 at 1:17 pm #

So cute!! How could women in the 50s-60s get away with everything fashion-wise? *sigh*

3. Sydney Ballesteros 01/10/2011 at 1:47 pm #

Beautiful images! I get weak in the knees every time I look at technicolor images like these! And brown and yellow are two of my favorite color combination’s from these eras in fashion!

xoxo~Syd

4. Mini (ModCloth) 01/10/2011 at 2:53 pm #

Those are so pretty!!!!

5. Griemers 01/10/2011 at 3:51 pm #

These are fantastic. Des Chapeaux is a very cool website– I highly recommend checking out the links in the sidebar there– Agence Eureka never ceases to amaze me.

6. Angela 01/10/2011 at 5:21 pm #

I LOVE BRIGHT COLORS. And I love pairing together different colors that you wouldn’t normally expect. I’m happy that this is the direction modcloth is going in!

7. lena 01/11/2011 at 7:43 am #

What I would do for that head-piece!!! Stunning.
    Inspirational photos. http://style-palate.blogspot.com/

8. Kayla 01/12/2011 at 1:38 pm #

I love bright vintage pieces! I try to add color to my everyday wardrobe, it helps brighten my day, literally. : )
    Check out my etsy store for fun and inexpensive vitage finds. http://www.etsy.com/shop/OliviasButterfly