Meet the ModDog: Rocky

ModCloth Boston Terrier

Name: Rocky
Age: 3
Breed: Boston Terrier

With his sweet brown eyes, pointed ears, and lovable grin, Rocky is easily one of the most amiable pups here at ModCloth. We suspect this Boston terrier’s playful demeanor is partially a result of his older poodle-beagle brother Jasper’s influence. According to his owner, Kate, a Business Data Analyst, the two pups get along swimmingly, especially when they’re entangled in a playful wrestling match, which could be why Rocky is so friendly toward other dogs and people.

When the energetic Rocky isn’t hanging out with his office BFF, Gabby, he can usually be found burrowed under a few blankets in his crate, a common pastime for many of the adorable dogs who call ModCloth their second home.

Check out more pictures of Rocky and the rest of the ModCloth dog crew on our ModDogs Facebook page!

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

6 Responses to Meet the ModDog: Rocky

1. Jessica 01/18/2011 at 12:27 pm #

I’ve been thinking about getting a Boston Terrier or a Brussels Griffon just because they are suppose to have amazing personalities and because they can handle long walks. A good couch potato and a good workout buddy.

2. Sarita 01/18/2011 at 1:26 pm #

My heart is melting!

3. Rae 01/18/2011 at 2:04 pm #

My family has had Boston Terriers since the 1920′s (when they were incredibly fashionable). They’re wonderful dogs to have because they’re great watchdogs (it’s true!), they love their owners unconditionally (whether it’s just you or a huge family), and they’re very intelligent. You also can’t go wrong with a dog who always wears a tuxedo (hence their nickname “the American Gentleman.”)

I really can’t imagine life without a Boston Terrier :)

4. Maura 01/18/2011 at 3:38 pm #

too cute :-) a great addition to the team!

5. Kate (ModCloth) 01/20/2011 at 12:56 am #

Boston Terriers do have wonderful personalities! But watch out – they can be too smart for their own good! Rocky has figured out how to roll down the car window, so now I have to make sure the child lock is on.

I worry a little that he’ll end up having some health problems because he’s a Boston. But he gets tons of exercise – oftentimes he’ll accompany on my walk to/from work (about 1.5 miles). And he gets lots of love at work, which keeps him happy. :)

6. Elise Rochelle 03/14/2012 at 1:36 pm #

Rocky is gorgeous!

We’re heading off on a road trip from NSW to QLD (Australia) to pick up our Boston Terrier pup – Stelly!

We’ve been told she has no issue bossing around her brothers and the breeders bigger dogs so she sounds like tonnes of fun! Can’t wait to meet her.

I will of course be taking lot’s of pics of our journey and Byron Bay – might even wear my fav ModCloth dress for the occasion!