Great Style is Difficult to Pin Down

Clockwise, from top left: Sweet Bestiary: Lord James Brooch, Sweet Bestiary: White Bunny Brooch, Stay Home: Bad News Bear Brooches, Bean Doll: Octopus Brooch, Hairy Sock: Laundry Double Brooch, House That Crow Built: Anatomical Heart Lapel Pin.

If you feel like your look could use a distinct dose of character, we recommend fastening an adorable brooch to your jacket lapel, sweater or scarf! For a sampling of savvy accessories, check out our most-loved handmade Etsy brooches, pictured above. We’re especially smitten with the hanging laundry collar pin, and the sweet polar bears made by one of our favorite indie designers, Olivia Mew.

How do brooches and pins fit into your style?

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

7 Responses to Great Style is Difficult to Pin Down

1. Kate 01/25/2011 at 6:15 pm #

I have a serious vintage brooch addiction. I love being able to pull something from my collection that adds just enough interest to simple outfits to finish them.

2. anne 01/25/2011 at 8:53 pm #

I have loads of them. Most of them I incorporate into jewelry, but right now my red winter coat has a brooch accompanied by a guinea feather (the grey and white spotted kind).

3. Maria 01/25/2011 at 8:56 pm #

I absolutely love old, vintage brooches and pins! I have a couple from my grandmother, and they’re so classic and pretty. :)

4. Rachul 01/25/2011 at 9:20 pm #

LOVE the octopus pin!!! Ordering it right now!

5. C 01/26/2011 at 10:51 am #

I like pins, but I have trouble incorporating them. I used to cover everything in those little circular band pins.

6. Julie C (ModCloth) 01/26/2011 at 3:29 pm #

I was lucky and inherited a lot of vintage, sparkly brooches from my great aunt. I have one pinned to a shoulder on a jacket that lost a button (my lazy style). I like to wear them in unexpected places, like at the waist, or on a beret … wherever! When the pin part breaks, as they often do, I turn them into pendants.

7. Julie (ModCloth) 01/26/2011 at 8:45 pm #

The laundry double brooch is pretty much the coolest thing ever!