Little Vintage Dress on the Prairie

Who: Victoria aka Justice Pirate

What: Vintage ’70s prairie dress and ’60s shirt

Where:
“I bought the dress off of eBay ten years ago. I used to buy so many things off of there for such cheap prices before eBay boomed.  The shirt is from Etsy.”

How Much: $4 for the dress, $16 for the shirt

When I Use It:
“Every summer for so many years. I used to wear it when I was in high school, otherwise I bring it out every spring and summer for nostalgia’s sake. It is especially fun to wear going to parks with my husband and sons.”

Shopping Tips: “I tend to do a lot of vintage shopping on Etsy and eBay. Most of the time I search specifically for vintage clothing. I remember when I found this dress, I searched for ‘vintage 70s prairie dress.’ I will look up also materials like lace, smocked, or sundress.”

HEY, BLOG READERS! We know you’re the cleverest vintage hunters around, which is why we want to hear the story of your Fave Find! E-mail favefinds@modcloth.com with a picture of you with your favorite vintage find (a rare record, a perfect pair of boots, or any other treasure), and answer the following: Who, What, Where, How Much, When I Use It, and Shopping Tips!

About Julianne

Julie Since graduating from the "Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too," Julie's aptness for the written word picked up steam like a runaway train. Her journey thus far has been fueled by an adventurous heart, creative mind, and love of breakfast, baking, and bacon. She often makes social situations more awkward than they need to be and loves the word "scrumtrulescent!"

8 Responses to Little Vintage Dress on the Prairie

1. Victoria / Justice Pirate 02/09/2011 at 10:21 am #

Thanks so much Julie! Makes me excited to wear it again now that it’s getting warmer outside.

2. Helene Fallows 02/09/2011 at 2:05 pm #

I also love these 70s style dresses. I shorten a lot of maxi dresses because they have beautiful necklines, waist ties, pin tucks etc but I don’t always want to be wearing them floor length especially in summer. There are some fabulous prints too ditsy florals, gingham etc.

3. Rosaspina Vintage 02/09/2011 at 3:49 pm #

Oh she looks adorable! :)

4. Readingteacher 02/10/2011 at 1:26 pm #

What I love is that she is recycling. Why spend a ton on green clothing when you can reuse something that is already made and still indulge your fashion whimsy?

5. Illegal Immigration Statistics 07/21/2011 at 7:17 am #

I am glad that I discovered this blog , just the right info that I was searching for! .

6. Modclother222 07/21/2011 at 10:31 pm #

Just looked at Etsy thanks to you and I love it! Thanks!

7. Discount Coupons 07/22/2011 at 11:25 am #

Very interesting subject , thanks for putting up.