Blast from the Past

Why my housemate and fellow writer Julie saved these pages from this YM in 2000 is beyond me, but when I saw them resurface on our kitchen table a few days back, I knew I had to share them with you.

Whether you’re looking for love or a laugh this Valentine’s Day, you’ll probably find it here.

About Hannah

"Q: Where do cantaloupes go for the summer? A: John Cougar Mellon Camp!" From that joke you can surmise a few things about Hannah -- she loves a good pun, she delights in irreverence, and red peppers are her vegetable of choice. How does one figure out Hannah loves red peppers from that joke? Hmm, that's top secret. Hannah also adores outdoor activities, arts & crafts, reading, and being abroad.

10 Responses to Blast from the Past

1. Janette 02/14/2011 at 1:47 pm #

This is hilarious. What ever happened to YM?! Ha!

• Hannah (ModCloth) 02/14/2011 at 3:02 pm #

That’s what I wondered when I wrote this. Turns out they closed shop in 2004. Sad! (I guess, haha.)

2. serenity 02/14/2011 at 2:00 pm #

ahahahahahahahha!!!!! I used to read articles like this in seventeen back in the day.

3. Nina 02/14/2011 at 3:40 pm #

Ahaha i cant Chris hasnt had a gf. Hes cute :)

4. Julie (ModCloth) 02/14/2011 at 5:41 pm #

O.M.G. I am so happy to see this on the blog! “His guitar makes him seem super sensitive, like he’d be in touch with his feelings.” There are way too many quotable lines in this spread. Amazing.

5. Sophie 02/14/2011 at 11:06 pm #

“Since he’s dressed cool, he’s probably into Limp Bizkit” LOLOL!

6. Amanda 02/15/2011 at 9:38 am #

I’m trying to figure out if they think it’s cool or insincere to have “11 Girlfriends.” Um…likewoa- THESE are the guys that YM thought were newsworthy???

• Amanda 02/15/2011 at 9:40 am #

Oh- ha. I just realized they meant total, not all at once!

7. Amanda 02/15/2011 at 9:39 am #

PS: I actually think I read this article when it originally came out!

8. jessica 02/15/2011 at 10:44 am #

Hn, they all look like jerks to me.
    they all look pretty into themselves with the hair and jewelry.
    this is pretty entertaining i should buy more magazines