Meet the ModDog: Remy

Name: Remy
Age: 4
Breed: Border Terrier

If you typically reserve the term “foodie” for anyone who walks on two legs, think again! Pittsburgh ModDog Remy is known for being a health-conscious food connoisseur. His latest palette pleaser? Raw tuna! “Recently, while making ceviche at home, I discovered that he loves raw tuna,” said Image Specialist Erin. “He seems to be developing an expensive habit!”

Luckily for Erin, Remy also enjoys more run-of-the-mill snacks, like carrots or bison-flavored biscuits. We just hope he’s sharing those snacks with his younger sister, Gemma, a one-year-old Border Terrier who’s just as sweet as her older bro!

Learn more about the ModDogs who make coming to work each day an absolute pleasure on the ModDogs Facebook page!

About Annie

Thrift shopping and cupcake baking are the two main constants within Annie's life. When she's not scouring for finds of a lifetime or indulging in calorie-laden confections, Annie enjoys bicycles, dogs, fashion, long stories, and inside jokes.

17 Responses to Meet the ModDog: Remy

1. Betsy 02/21/2011 at 10:54 am #

No way!! I live in Pittsburgh and have a Border Terrier, Baron, and I’ve never seen another one here! Remy is the cutest. I wonder if they’re from the same breeder? Mine is from Ohio.

• Erin C. (ModCloth) 02/21/2011 at 11:12 am #

Really? That’s amazing! I have only seen one other BT in Pittsburgh, in Shadyside, and her name was Sparky. The breeder I got Remy and Gemma from is named Sue Baxter.

• Betsy 02/21/2011 at 11:15 am #

Hmm, not the same breeder. I live in Highland Park and I think there’s one in the Southside too from my breeder (at least that’s what they told me). Yay for BTs in the Burgh! I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled now :)

• Alana 03/29/2011 at 11:18 pm #

I have a border terrier from Ohio too!!

• Erin C. (ModCloth) 04/01/2011 at 11:09 am #

Awesome, Alana! Where is he or she from?

2. MB at Yarn U 02/21/2011 at 12:04 pm #

Very cute…my brother’s dog won’t eat dog feed anymore. Just people food including canned tuna, and apples. Will basically beg for sweet potato skins.

3. Jo 02/21/2011 at 1:12 pm #

He is so cute and whiskery! He looks like a little sea captain dog in his wee top! x http://www.lostinthehaze.com

4. Jessssss 02/21/2011 at 2:54 pm #

I love the doggie jumper! he’s such a cute lil pup :]

5. Kate (ModCloth) 02/21/2011 at 3:52 pm #

He’s adorable!! When I first started looking for a dog, I was seriously considering getting a Border Terrier – they’re supposed to be great dogs!

6. Richard (ModCloth) 02/21/2011 at 4:11 pm #

I miss seeing Remy! He’s a good boy, so I’m sure he’s sharing his treats with Gemma…if she’s not already stealing them from him, that is! ; )

7. Roxanne the Dainty Librarian 02/21/2011 at 5:28 pm #

He is so cute!

8. Kristin (ModCloth) 02/21/2011 at 5:57 pm #

I miss Remy and Gemma so much! This article doesn’t mention anything about all the cool tricks he can do! He’s both handsome and smart!

9. Marie 02/21/2011 at 11:25 pm #

I am sending e-kisses to Remy right now.

10. Melissa 02/22/2011 at 2:20 am #

I like Remy’s argyle sweater!! Will ModCloth ever venture into clothes or accessories for dogs? With all your lovely ModDogs, surely you’d have some good looking models. And I am pretty damn tired of all the ugly dog clothes I see… my puggle needs something a little more hip! Help, please?

11. Georgia 02/23/2011 at 11:22 am #

So cute! I love the modcloth blogs about their pets!

12. Katie 02/24/2011 at 1:24 pm #

Oh! He’s so cute! I love the ModDogs!

13. Jess 02/25/2011 at 6:03 am #

hes so adorable i want to hug him, and maybe feed him reece’s pieces XD