Scientific Super Heroines!

Images via Women in Science.

It’s Women’s History Month, so we have to ask: Have you seen the Smithsonian Channel’s Women in Science features? If you don’t have the channel, check out their website. You can read previews to each episode in comic-book format and then hop over to more in-depth sneak peaks and even the full episodes. Get inspired by women who study bats in Panama, who are working to save endangered leopards in Thailand, and who are making unprecedented discoveries in molecular biology.

Are you or do you aspire to be a scientist? What field?

7 Responses to Scientific Super Heroines!

1. Lauren 03/11/2011 at 10:10 am #

Love this….I am a junior in a Forensic Science program…

2. Lara 03/11/2011 at 12:07 pm #

I still aspire to be a scientist even though I gave up my bio-chem major in college to do digital marketing. I love my job for sure (I am a marketing associate for a beauty company and I get to run a beauty content site) but, part of me really misses doing lab work!

3. Yas 03/11/2011 at 4:10 pm #

well if history counts,yes,i wanna be a historian.specialize in middle ages and their architecture,with a little hint of photography and history of art.
    but history and symbolism are on top of my list.i wanted to be lara croft and a female version of robert langdon till a couple of months ago,go figure

4. melissa @ the delicate place 03/11/2011 at 5:03 pm #

so inspiring to me because i am a biologist! i work in immunology in a cell signaling lab where we see how the body reacts to disease. go ladies in science!

5. Krista 03/11/2011 at 8:41 pm #

This is totally awesome! I did my undergrad in marine biology—now getting my master’s in aquatic ecotoxicology!

6. Christina Poulin 03/14/2011 at 10:12 pm #

Love it! I’m starting my PhD program in cognitive science this fall, so I geek out for brains :)

7. Kelly 03/16/2011 at 1:35 am #

Yeah! Neat article. I’m doing my PhD in archaeology, although I spend most of my time chained to my laptop & even less time in the field/lab. But what I love about it the most is I work with an Indigenous community & it’s ultra rewarding xo