Have You a Wanderlust for Life?

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

You’ve selected outfits for each day that you’re away and placed each neatly on the bed in the order you plan to wear them. This, your very first trip someplace faraway all by yourself, is going to be a wonderful and memorable journey.

For our latest stylebook, Wanderlust for Life, we were inspired by those first journeys. We reminisced about our own first big trips: the joyful adrenaline guiding us through complicated city metros, the way our hearts swelled while busting out on open road, the dedicated collecting of tickets, receipts, maps, and photos documenting everything. That is what geared us in this “scrapbook” of travel-worthy styles. Featuring a caravan of boho-inspired looks, we hope that this stylebook takes you on an adventure. Check out this week’s installment with a romp in endless rolling fields of the country and a jaunt through a small town. Then, visit back to view the next three weeks of the globetrotting trip.

Have you any travels in your past and future? Where is your ultimate travel destination?

8 Responses to Have You a Wanderlust for Life?

1. Raindrops On Rosy 03/14/2011 at 4:05 pm #

I love this wanderlust stylebook! Every time I go to visit my grandpa in Mexico I LIVE in skirts! Long ones, short ones, odd ones, average ones, all kinds! I love going to different places and seeing what the style looks like around the block:)

2. Hanna 03/14/2011 at 4:50 pm #

hey, may i ask where you shot this? (i hope i didn’t just overread it)..the scenery is beautiful, ireland maybe?

• ModCloth 03/15/2011 at 12:27 pm #

Oh, we wish we had shot in Ireland! We actually shot these in Livermore, California, out by the giant windmill farm. A couple other shots were taken on the highway, between San Francisco and LA.

3. Holly 03/14/2011 at 6:17 pm #

Home: Texas
    Fave Past Trip: San Francisco!!
    Dream Destination: a tour of Greece, mostly Athens :D

4. Irene 03/14/2011 at 6:45 pm #

I’m a bit of a travel geek. I love the idea of roaming the Earth… just for the fun of it. ;3
    Past Travels: A little everywhere.
    Future Travels: New York in May, and Hong Kong During Winter.
    Dream Destination: India! <3

5. Danielle 03/14/2011 at 10:45 pm #

This is so thought out and beautiful ModCloth, I love it! This is a stylebook never forgotten

6. Sarah 03/15/2011 at 4:38 am #

I’m currently on an exchange in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. It’s one of the most gorgeous places on earth! Because it’s predominantly Muslim, dress is quite modest. I practically live in skinny jeans, adorable flats, vintage inspired tops and retro-vibe sunglasses. It’s great for visiting Prambanan (the largest Hindi temple in South East Asia) or Borodobur (the largest Buddhist temple in the world)!

7. Sara Caitlin 03/15/2011 at 11:12 am #

I love this stylebook so much! It inspires me even more to travel the world. Recently, I’ve started kind of a bucket list of places I would love to visit.
    Past: Fukuoka, Japan
    Future: Chicago, Il, on April 15-17
    Dream Destination: to travel the road to Rome and visit EVERY relic church that is still standing, but like I said there are soo many places I want to visit