On the left, Ashley is wearing the Tools of the Trade Necklace, Letters from Abroad Tee, Jazz Hour Shorts, Make the Gradient Sunglasses , The Wing’s the Thing Cuff, Shape of Your Heart Heel, and the Fawned of You Bag. On the right, Ashley is wearing the Range of Options Dress, Rapunzel Belt and the Point of No Return Heel.
Have you ever passed up the chance to buy something you loved because you were afraid you’d never wear it? That scenario has happened to me many a time, whether the item in question is a pair of dangerously tall platforms, or a vintage muumuu covered in a neon floral print (Okay, that one was probably best left on the dressing room rack).
You would think the Sheer Versatility Skirt would be another example of this quandary because it’s, well, quite sheer. But, with a little imagination, and the confidence to try something new, you can style this piece with ease!
Here are some tips:
- Unless you’re channeling Lady Gaga, layer sheer skirts over a skirt or formfitting shorts. Mini, midi, or maxi skirts all work!
- If you want your shorts or skirt to be camouflaged under your sheer skirt, go for dark, solid pieces.
- If blending in isn’t your thing, then consider sheer skirts to be a cool way to showcase your neon separates.
- For more complete coverage, wear tights underneath your first layer. ModStylist Nicole, for instance, wore playful, polka-dotted tights with the sheer Casting Shadows Skirt.
- On days when you’re feeling fancy, layer the skirt over a dress for a look that’s seriously on-trend!
Check out these outfits, modeled by Ashley, a social media specialist at ModCloth, and let us know—do you have any styling tips to add?