Today’s Special: Going Vegan!

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

The Post Punk Kitchen’s Pumpkin French Toast, Barley Salad with Garlic and Parsley from The Vegan Project, and The Messy Vegetarian Cook’s Savory Seitan with Brown Rice.

What’s on today’s menu? Animal-free dishes from awesome vegan blogs, that’s what! If you love eating vegan or just want to try something new, here’s three yummy ways to do so. Start off with a filling breakfast (Pumpkin French Toast) , a pick-me-up lunch (Barley Salad), then end the day with a satisfying dinner (Seitan and Brown Rice) – all vegan!

Veganism isn’t as inaccessible as some may think, and it’s a delicious way to expand your culinary knowledge.

What are your favorite vegan recipes?

15 Responses to Today’s Special: Going Vegan!

1. Andrea 03/29/2011 at 3:15 pm #

Love it! I’m so happy that you feature vegan food and fashion on your blog. Thank you for helping break the stereotype that vegan = boring, expensive and difficult.

2. grace 03/29/2011 at 3:21 pm #

nom nom nom

I <3 vegan food.
    i CRAVE vegan mac n cheese. Nutritional yeast sauce is the bomb.

my vegan omnivore manifesto: http://rosemaryx.wordpress.com/2010/11/05/the-vegan-omnivore-manifesto-i-love-food-and-i-eat-everything/

3. Julie C (ModCloth) 03/29/2011 at 3:37 pm #

I love the Post-Punk kitchen! Excellent post, Angela! xoxo

4. Jessica Quirk 03/29/2011 at 3:41 pm #

I’m gonna jump in here with Grace – I love vegan cheese made with nutritional yeast and cashews… especially on vegan nachos!

5. Caitlin 03/29/2011 at 3:43 pm #

Yum! That pumpkin french toast looks so yummy! I really need to try the recipe! I have been a vegetarian for 4 and a half years and I think people really underestimate the amount of food options there are out there! Thanks for the recipes!

6. Charlotte 03/29/2011 at 3:44 pm #

I’m a pescatarian but eat vegan quite a bit, usually without realising.
    I will definitely be checking out these gorgeous-looking recipes!!
    Thanks, ModCloth!

Charlotte

7. Little Miss Vegan Cupcakes 03/29/2011 at 4:45 pm #

I’ve been vegan for year and love all tasty vegan things, but my favorite is definately Vegan Cupcakes!

I will be checking out these recipes for sure thou

8. Reylen 03/29/2011 at 5:35 pm #

I’ve been vegetarian for so long now…and things have been getting boring lately in the kitchen. I love cooking, and these are perfect to try out this week! Thanks!!

9. Brittan-Morgan 03/29/2011 at 8:26 pm #

I make a mean portobello wellington!
    I’ve been vegan for 7 years, and I’m so happy you did a post with such scrumptious food!

10. Shannon 03/29/2011 at 8:53 pm #

Thank you thank you for doing a vegan post! I’m a fairly new vegan (January) and I still find it difficult some times to order from restaurants especially without cheese or milk in the ingredients…posts like this are so encouraging!

• Angela (ModCloth) 03/30/2011 at 1:05 pm #

While I’m not a vegan or veggie, I have friends who are and who often have that difficulty. It’s be so great if more restaurants offered veg. friendly options! I wonder what we could do a out that?

11. Elyse 03/29/2011 at 11:21 pm #

I’ve had orange seitan before and really got a craving for it this week…I found this recipe and can’t wait to try it!

12. Annabel 03/30/2011 at 5:59 am #

Yum! Glad to see you featuring these recipes. Another great place to find vegan recipes is VegWeb, VegNews and Vegetarian Times.

13. Mattie @ Odelma 03/30/2011 at 11:12 pm #

Woohoo! Vegan! That’s me.
    Thanks for sharing. That pumking french toast looks amazing.
    x.o.

14. Lauren Helen 03/31/2011 at 10:10 pm #

Cold quinoa salads have been my addiction x) I love cold quinoa with some greek dressing, feta, cherry tomatoes, olives, and green onions… delicious :)