Street Style: Yipes! Stripes!

Images via Team Peter Stigter.

Stripes never really go out of fashion, but I’m still blaming Prada for the latest splash of stripes seen all over the street style sites. Whether you go with a classic Breton stripe or a cozy blanket stripe, this easy pattern is the perfect way to mix things up.

Images via Les Mads and Fashionist.

Images via Altamira and Street Peeper.

About Erin

Erin is our resident California girl with a love for everything vintage. She’s the creative force behind Calivintage.com and she’s joined the ModCloth blog team to share her passion for vintage-inspired style, cycling adventures, and silly hats!

7 Responses to Street Style: Yipes! Stripes!

1. MB @YarnU iPhoneapp v1.2 03/30/2011 at 12:12 pm #

I feel like all the great striped fabric is GONE at Vogue Fabrics. But you’ve given me some ideas. I like the leopard print coat with the small striped top. This seems to work without being too jarring.

2. Anna 03/30/2011 at 2:18 pm #

I love the stripes, the navy and whites have been my summer staple for a while now.

3. Katie 03/30/2011 at 3:55 pm #

The leopard coat and navy/white combination is lovely! What a beautiful and subtle way to incorporate stripes.

4. Caitlin 03/30/2011 at 6:12 pm #

I love everything about the outfit with the green skirt! So cute and colorful!

5. Brielle 03/31/2011 at 10:27 am #

Love the green skirt/striped sweater outfit. Amazing…

6. Adriana @ nest 03/31/2011 at 11:45 am #

Stripes are my absolute favourite. I love how the girl in the photo on the right is getting photographed from every angle!

7. Joy 03/31/2011 at 8:10 pm #

The top right lady was on the Sartorialist recently too, different photo though. She’s gotta be thrilled!