Sheer Styling: How to Wear Transparent Tops

Stay chic and sheer in these lovely tops: Of An Era Top (top left), Cordially Invited Top, Purely Pleasant Top, Art of Coffee Top, Freshly Spun Top, and Manor Estate Dress.

Does the prospect of styling a sheer blouse leave you feeling a bit exposed? We asked the ModStylists for a few tips on how to wear this transparent trend without revealing too much! They picked some of their favorite styles and offered up a few tricks of the trade:

• Layer on the sheer! Wear multiple sheer tops layered over each other.
  • Try a bold colored tank or bandeau under a sheer lacy top.
  • Belt a sheer button up over a dress.
  • Try layering a sheer top under a sleeveless dress or vest.

Need more style advice? The ModStylists are on call, ready to rescue you from your fashion emergencies!

About Erin

Erin is our resident California girl with a love for everything vintage. She’s the creative force behind Calivintage.com and she’s joined the ModCloth blog team to share her passion for vintage-inspired style, cycling adventures, and silly hats!

, ,

12 Responses to Sheer Styling: How to Wear Transparent Tops

1. Caitlin 03/31/2011 at 8:10 pm #

I want every single of these tops! They are so pretty!

2. Piper 03/31/2011 at 8:31 pm #

images WITH layering would be more helpful. I love the included picture, though. Whenever I see images like this I want to hang all my slips in my window (much to the dismay of my significant other…)

3. Victoria / Justice Pirate 03/31/2011 at 8:44 pm #

I wear camisoles underneath them.

4. Jo 04/01/2011 at 12:58 am #

Eek! How handy! I wear a camisole underneath. P.s. I adore the first top! It’s beaaauutiful! x http://www.lostinthehaze.com

5. Sandra Reviews 04/01/2011 at 4:26 am #

I wear lace camisoles or plain ones and it works really well. The top row ones are gorgeous.

6. Rosaspina Vintage 04/01/2011 at 9:06 am #

I love layering them over dresses. The middle one, first row is so cute!
    Ale

7. Pam 04/01/2011 at 2:39 pm #

Your ideas are so amazing and helpful! <3 you + thank-you Modcloth!

8. Antoinette 04/01/2011 at 2:58 pm #

i think any camisole with sequins or lace would look really good with these sheer tops! one of my friends actually put one over her wedding dress for the reception to spruce it up (it was my idea! lol..im so cheap!)

9. Hanna 04/01/2011 at 3:23 pm #

Hi there! I jst found oyur shop! IT”S AWESOME!!! I love everything:) SO glad I found you! I’m a blogger too. I would love to feature you sometime on my blog:)
    cheers,

Hanna

10. Tiffany 04/04/2011 at 1:19 pm #

so cute. I love sheer tops. They are dainty and ooze with femininity.

11. Vancouver Clothing Stores 04/05/2011 at 6:22 am #

I love the ideas. I usually wear tube tops or camisoles beneath transparent tops. I liked long top among displayed ones. It is quite different from rest.

12. the fabled needle (jen) 04/22/2011 at 2:48 am #

so pretty, makes me think of the ’20s!