It’s ‘Sew’ You! Introducing Colette Sewing Patterns

Thread up your sewing machines and postpone those weekend brunch plans, because our new Colette sewing patterns are just begging to be taken home and made into the dresses of your dreams!

We’re thrilled to welcome two patterns from indie company Colette Patterns, which was founded in 2008 by designer Sarai Mitnick, who wanted to create versatile, vintage-inspired patterns that could be “canvases for everyday creativity.” Each pattern will arrive in a darling little booklet, with stitched binding, illustrations and instructions, and even a space for notes.

If you’re just starting out, try your hand at the Wrap Star (below), or, if you’re a seasoned seamstress, pick the elegant Chantilly pattern!

P.S. When you finish your frock, let us know! We would love to see how you made the pattern your own in the reviews, Flickr Style Exchange, or Facebook!

About ModCloth

, , , ,

14 Responses to It’s ‘Sew’ You! Introducing Colette Sewing Patterns

1. Sophie 04/08/2011 at 2:53 pm #

Oh I’ve always loved these patterns! This might motivate me to go ahead and buy one :)

2. Valerie 04/08/2011 at 3:11 pm #

Oh I’ve always wanted to learn how to sew, ever since I was little. But I’ve always found it such a daunting task. That wrap dress, though, is bringing my blood to a boil all over again. Maybe I’ll give it a shot!

3. Brittan-Morgan 04/08/2011 at 3:24 pm #

I’m “sew” happy to find this at ModCloth! In my ModSquad questionare I asked for more DIY guides/tools, and this was exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. Thank you thank you!

4. Hillary 04/08/2011 at 3:37 pm #

I happen to LOVE designing my own clothes and often visit modcloth for inspiration and ideas. Personally I love the patterns and i very recently made a pattern and dress that is very very similar to the”Chantilly” pattern! How exciting!

5. Carrie 04/08/2011 at 3:40 pm #

I love sewing! I have often wished for sewing patters for dresses like the ones I see on modcloth. I will be getting these once I have some extra money :D

6. Christina K. 04/08/2011 at 4:08 pm #

this is a great idea and getting one of these would be fun, however it’s a little expensive for patterns? i know it’s an indie company and the way they put their patterns together in a book is part of the reason it’s more expensive, but it just seems like i might as well buy an already made dress. fabric is expensive, so if the patterns are expensive too, i’m kind of missing the point. you can get vintage patterns on etsy for less than half the price of these. besides the price though, i really like the idea!

• Brittan-Morgan 04/09/2011 at 12:06 am #

If you are careful with the patern, you can make many dresses from one, using different fabric and or altering however you like.

7. Jessica 04/08/2011 at 5:10 pm #

I have just started learning to sew and I am so excited that modcloth has these patterns available! I have been looking for a great beginner dress pattern!

8. Chelsea 04/08/2011 at 6:10 pm #

Thank you SO much for carrying these super cute patterns! I plan to buy both soon! :)
    I’d be ‘sew’ down with you guys expanding on your DIY goodies!

9. Tanya B. 04/08/2011 at 11:30 pm #

I’m “sew” excited to know that I can have this dress made to fit my funny body type! I’m so long in my torso, my dresses always have to be made for me, including my wedding dress…
    Thanks for helping me by making these patterns available to me! :-)

10. Becky 04/09/2011 at 8:59 am #

I’ve often admired the DIY mentality that your company has fostered through the books that you’ve sold– I absolutely love that, as a primarily clothing company, you’re encouraging us to make our own clothes now! I do sew a good portion of my wardrobe, and think your pattern choices are lovely.

11. Meghan 04/10/2011 at 11:00 am #

Thank you for including these for all of the DIYers out there! I know that a few have been discouragesd by cost, but I do alot of my own sewing and vogue patterns are routinely MUCH more! Thanks for keeping these reasonable and for supporting indie designers!

12. Leesh 04/14/2011 at 12:13 am #

I actually do not care for sewing that much, but this pattern has me all excited!!! I have already bought it, and can’t wait to make it!!! Its so hard for me to find cute dresses that I LOVE, so this pattern is a dream come true!!

13. millayoung 11/16/2012 at 8:57 pm #

thank you for pattern, I made this from Chiffon material, its amazing :)