You can pick up a pair of fashionable jeans just about anywhere these days, but fashionable genes are a little harder to come by. Piper Weiss realized this at a very young age and later decided to celebrate all matrons of modishness — and the heiresses of their hauteness — by creating the website My Mom, the Style Icon. She recently compiled the best of her online exhibit for Chronicle Books, and the product is an eponymous hardbound compendium of the voguest vintage photographs, sassiest sartorial stories, and most outstanding outfits.
Now, ModCloth is taking a tip from Piper Weiss by creating a Tumblr contest that allows you to give props to your mom for her poshness. Did she rock bell-bottoms like nobody’s business? Was your mom a knockout in a miniskirt and knee-high go-go boots? Well, share with us her chicness, and it may just earn you a prize that any mother would be proud of.
Here are the details:
- Log into your Tumblr account. If you don’t have one, it’s easy to create a new one!
- Post a vintage photo of your mom sporting her stylin’ attire.
- Add a caption briefly expressing why your mom is your style icon.
- Tag your photo with #ModMoms so we can find it.
- We can accept only one entry per person.
- Submissions will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, May 4.
We’ll randomly select two people to win a signed copy of My Mom, Style Icon and one person to win a signed copy of the book, plus a $100 gift card. If you’re one of the lucky prize recipients, just be sure to thank your mother!
Have fun, and good luck!