From one of our favorite Twitter memes, “Wordplay,” to the ever-popular cell phone app, “Words with Friends,” it’s apparent that character-crunching games are so in vogue! That’s why we’re inviting you to play our own short ‘n’ tweet social literature game, Strike a Prose. The theme is literature and fashion, and it’s up to you to come up with the cleverest combination of the two! For example: Take “Jane Eyre,” plus “earring,” and whattaya get? “Jane Earrings!” Clever, right? Once you have your win-worthy words, tweet them with the hashtags #literaryfashion and #modcloth – no need to send them to @ModCloth! And if whimsy with words wasn’t already enticing enough, we’re awarding a $50 gift certificate to each of our three fave entries. So take your brilliant knowledge of literature and fashion, and follow us on Twitter @ModCloth to enter!
Before you tweet, check the deets:
- You must follow @ModCloth on Twitter to participate.
- Contest begins May 18. You must tweet between 9 a.m. May 18 and May 19 to be entered. No ifs, buts, or blog comments will count! :)
- Again, no need to tweet @ModCloth – just make sure to include the hashtags #literaryfashion and #modcloth in your entry.
- Please only tweet from one account. Individuals are only able to win once.
- By entering, you cross your heart that your phrase came from your mind alone! We realize that, since great minds think alike, there’s a chance that some phrases may be repeated. If we love a phrase that happens to have a duplicate, we will select the first person to enter it as a winner.
- On 5/20, we will announce the three winners on our blog.
If you’re still unsure about the theme, here’s one more example! Cruising along the lines of literature and fashion, we combined “Gone With the Wind,” and “wardrobe” to come up with “Gone With the Wardrobe!” Now it’s time for us to be gone like the wind to our Twitter account as we await your cleverest wordplay concoctions!