We’ve had so much fun living vicariously through the flora of “Everyday Exotic” that we wanted to keep a piece of it on our desktops and shelves. Here, Julie and I show you how to make a little green world of your own. If you like lush, humidity loving lands, then click on the “Mossy” button in the video. If you want more of our menswear-inspired vertical gardens, click on the “Desert” button above for succulent terrariums.
For these terrariums, you’ll need:
- Glass containers, with lids for mossy, without for desert
- Small pebbles, decorative rock, or fish tank substrate
- Activated charcoal (found at most garden stores)
- Potting soil, regular for mossy, cactus mix for desert
- Plants of your choosing like the Polka Dot plant for mossy and succulents for desert
- Decorative knickknacks and toys
Don’t have a green thumb? Have no fear! Anyone can make and care for terrariums!
What are other summer DIY projects are you doing?