3 Glam Retro Hairstyles to Try Right Now

Looking for a bit of hair inspiration this summer? We teamed up with the lovely staff at San Francisco salon Watermelon Sugar to showcase a three vintage-inspired updos that are certain to inspire. Whether you’ve got plans to attend a formal affair, or just want to add some oomph to your outfit, these gorgeous hairstyles are guaranteed to be a ‘glam slam’!

About Erin

Erin is our resident California girl with a love for everything vintage. She’s the creative force behind Calivintage.com and she’s joined the ModCloth blog team to share her passion for vintage-inspired style, cycling adventures, and silly hats!

, , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to 3 Glam Retro Hairstyles to Try Right Now

1. shelby petersen 06/27/2011 at 3:31 pm #

I’m growing my hair long for the sole purpose of wearing milk maid braids. I CAN’T WAIT!

2. Victoria/Justice Pirate 06/27/2011 at 3:34 pm #

Unfortunately these are (other than the last one) overplayed and very simplistic hairstyles and don’t look formal. Especially the second one which is how Laura Ingalls Wilder wore her hair when she was working with her father in The Long Winter book. The last one is unique in comparison though.

3. Mrs. Sandvig 06/27/2011 at 5:48 pm #

Hmm, something for those of us with short hair would have been nice…

4. nicole 06/28/2011 at 4:49 pm #

So pretty.

5. Juli @ Sweet Little Chickadee 06/28/2011 at 5:16 pm #

Yay, thanks for sharing this! I’ve been making a vintage-inspired dress for the fourth of July and haven’t figured out what I’m going to do with my hair yet. Now I have a few ideas! :-)

6. Katie 07/02/2011 at 12:33 am #

@ Mrs. Sandvig: I totally agree. I would have loved to see something for us shorter-haired ladies. Too bad. I am working on growing my hair out. I absolutely love the third look. I think it’s so unique and very French, indeed. <333

7. Ashley 07/02/2011 at 5:55 pm #

I can try these looks now that I have weave! :)

8. Shar 07/05/2011 at 4:18 pm #

Totally would have loved something for the short and medium haired girls.

I kinda have to disagree that the third look is what’s going on in Paris now because I just came back from Paris this weekend … and all the girls I saw wore their hair down and in natural waves or curls. I saw more pompadours on guys than girls.