At Last, the Perfect Pair of Vintage-Inspired Lingerie

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

If you, like us, have yearned for the perfect set of romantic, retro-inspired lingerie, then look no further than the newly arrived Oh-So-Lovely Bra and Shorts. These styles come straight from The Loved One‘s debut collection and are just what you need to pamper yourself this season.

You may recognize The Loved One as the side project of 26-year-old Brooklynite Hannah Metz, of the blog Hannah and Landon. The Loved One began in 2009 as a vintage consulting and sourcing duo, with Hannah in New York and co-founder Elvia Lahman in Los Angeles. After years of driving cross-country, digging through dusty vintage shops and thrift bins for retailers, they decided to pursue their dream of fashioning their own line of vintage-inspired lingerie, financed through Kickstarter.

“Our main source of inspiration is vintage Frederick’s of Hollywood catalogs,” says Hannah. “Both of us have such extensive vintage lingerie collections, and we wanted to share that with people.”

The results are pieces such as the Oh-So-Lovely Bra and Shorts below, which come with delectable features such as whisper-thin lace and elegantly belled shapes. Needless to say, we’ll be living in these around the house.

Will you take home one of these lovely pieces?

About ModCloth

, , , , ,

14 Responses to At Last, the Perfect Pair of Vintage-Inspired Lingerie

1. Sarah 06/30/2011 at 4:45 pm #

i don’t like them :(

2. Taylor 06/30/2011 at 5:02 pm #

Well I LOVE em! So pretty and delicate. Hannah will always be my biggest blogger inspiration, she’s so lovely!

• hannah 06/30/2011 at 10:25 pm #

aww shucks, thanks Taylor <3!

3. Emma 06/30/2011 at 8:13 pm #

I adore them, and cannot wait to get them! Sooo lovely!

4. Caryl 07/01/2011 at 12:15 am #

Must be nice to not need support in your bras…

• Amanda 07/01/2011 at 11:02 am #

I don’t think the idea is to be functional…..

5. Amanda 07/01/2011 at 11:02 am #

Loooooove them! More! More! More!

6. Katie 07/01/2011 at 6:36 pm #

@ Caryl: LOL!! exactly my thoughts. beautiful, but they don’t look so functional. looks like it’d only work on the A-cups out there!

7. BurlyQLady 07/02/2011 at 1:44 pm #

Adorable. But definitely not for around the house. Unless you’re an A or B cup. I know it’s not supposed to be functional but I need the support regardless. Still lovely though. I love French Knickers.

ModCloth, we need more affordable vintage inspired lingerie. Can’t wait to see what else you come up with.

BurlyQLady
    VintageLingerieBlog.com

8. Rachel 07/03/2011 at 3:05 am #

Why is it only girls that do not need to wear bras that get beautiful lingerie?

9. hannah 07/05/2011 at 2:39 pm #

haha, wowza! I had no idea folks were so nervous about breast support! As a c-cup wearing lady I can say that this bra is definitely comfy (underwires are truly the bane of my existence), enough support for around the house and most excellent for romantic times! Unless you’re planning on taking a jog in it (where you planning that? should we make fancy jogging undies?) you should be a-ok!

• Amanda 07/18/2011 at 10:38 am #

I’m with you, Hannah!

I thought I had said this in an earlier comment reply, but for some reason the site’s been having commenting issues…ANYWAY, this bra is not supposed to be functional for everyday wear! It’s obviously for a special, sexy occasion – more for show or dress-up than something you’d consider wearing on a regular basis; especially with the price- you don’t use your waterford crystal every day, do you? Lingerie has a specific purpose, and that purpose does not usually involve longevity of wear, if you catch my drift….

I get it….I’m just shocked that other people don’t. I am especially surprised at the complaints because the traditional pin-up girl is curvacious, so naturally pin-up pieces are designed with that style in mind. I honestly feel that sometimes people just look for things to complain about…..

10. MelodyJ 07/13/2011 at 6:17 pm #

Cute but we need more support. What about C and Dcups and beyond?

11. Richard Hughes 07/25/2012 at 8:37 am #

Lovely pieces. As a few of you are saying, maybe not the most practical but certainly very beautiful.