A.M. to P.M.: A Two-part Pinup Makeup Tutorial

You’ve got your 1950s-inspired A-line, patent peep toes to match, and your hair’s styled so sleek even Bettie P. would be jelly of your style! Now, all you need to secure your polished pin-up look is the makeup to match.

Lucky for you, Andie, our go-to makeup gal, has returned to teach you how to achieve both daytime and evening versions of this luscious look in a two-part tutorial that simplifies the winged eye, tinted cheeks, and that classic rockabilly red lip we all crave.

Try ‘em out, and don’t forget to show us some pics via Facebook or the ModCloth Style Exchange!

Laura Vrcek

About Laura

With a passion for events, interviews, and her pet aloe plants, Laura strives to live in a world where writing poetry evokes celebrity status. When she's not planning her apartment's next face-lift, she's either befriending strangers or admiring maps. She has an MFA in Creative Writing, is a member of ModCloth's Charitable Giving Committee, and is an avid appreciator of funky hairstyles and too-hot sauces.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to A.M. to P.M.: A Two-part Pinup Makeup Tutorial

1. Natasha (ModCloth) 07/01/2011 at 3:19 pm #

Can’t wait to try this out. Love the eyeliner.

2. Kara 07/01/2011 at 8:45 pm #

Loved this! Is there any chance of getting names of the products that Andie used? I’d love to track down that red lipstick!

3. Katie 07/02/2011 at 12:28 am #

I would also love to know the names of the products and brushes she used. I feel like that has a lot to do with how pretty everything turns out in the end. She is so talented and cute!!! I wish I could hire her to do my makeup everyday. I will try this at home!

4. Katie 07/02/2011 at 12:34 am #

PS) I forgot to mention. This is one of the BEST makeup tutorials I’ve ever seen. I’m a total dud at doing makeup and I need to see everything step-by-step. Great job, and thanks!

5. Felicity 07/02/2011 at 9:53 am #

What fantastic tutorials. I lovethis look and never knew how to achieve it before. It would be great if these came with a shopping list so you could make sure you have l the essential ingredients.

6. Sunita 07/02/2011 at 11:36 am #

I don’t wear any make-up, and this is helpful, but, wow, it takes a lot of time! You look great Andie, but I’m not so sure I have the patience to do either look.

7. Cherie 07/02/2011 at 12:26 pm #

WONDERFUL tutorial!! I love the pin up look :) Thanks for making this video!!!

8. rachel 07/03/2011 at 10:44 pm #

awesome tutorial! thank you :) want to rush off and try this but I’m headed to bed!

9. Cristina 07/06/2011 at 2:41 pm #

Loved this! Andie should definitely do a 1960′s Mod look for her next tutorial!!

10. Anna 07/11/2011 at 11:07 am #

Love this tutorial! I cannot apply eye shadow to save my life but I decided to give this look a go for my senior portrait pic and it came out great. Thanks!

11. Marine 08/17/2011 at 7:00 am #

OH MY GOD ! I love it ! Your tutorial is perfect… Please, do some more !!!!!!!

12. 2nd Love Cosmetics 09/09/2011 at 3:41 pm #

Great makeup tutorials! We agree with everyone’s comments.