A.M. to P.M.: A Two-part Pinup Makeup Tutorial

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoJ6PoqQgNo&w=600&h=368]

You’ve got your 1950s-inspired A-line, patent peep toes to match, and your hair’s styled so sleek even Bettie P. would be jelly of your style! Now, all you need to secure your polished pin-up look is the makeup to match.

Lucky for you, Andie, our go-to makeup gal, has returned to teach you how to achieve both daytime and evening versions of this luscious look in a two-part tutorial that simplifies the winged eye, tinted cheeks, and that classic rockabilly red lip we all crave.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt2NI0rlp_M&w=600&h=368]

Try ‘em out, and don’t forget to show us some pics via Facebook or the ModCloth Style Exchange!

Laura Vrcek

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to A.M. to P.M.: A Two-part Pinup Makeup Tutorial

1. Natasha (ModCloth) 07/01/2011 at 3:19 pm #

Can’t wait to try this out. Love the eyeliner.

2. Kara 07/01/2011 at 8:45 pm #

Loved this! Is there any chance of getting names of the products that Andie used? I’d love to track down that red lipstick!

3. Katie 07/02/2011 at 12:28 am #

I would also love to know the names of the products and brushes she used. I feel like that has a lot to do with how pretty everything turns out in the end. She is so talented and cute!!! I wish I could hire her to do my makeup everyday. I will try this at home!

4. Katie 07/02/2011 at 12:34 am #

PS) I forgot to mention. This is one of the BEST makeup tutorials I’ve ever seen. I’m a total dud at doing makeup and I need to see everything step-by-step. Great job, and thanks!

5. Felicity 07/02/2011 at 9:53 am #

What fantastic tutorials. I lovethis look and never knew how to achieve it before. It would be great if these came with a shopping list so you could make sure you have l the essential ingredients.

6. Sunita 07/02/2011 at 11:36 am #

I don’t wear any make-up, and this is helpful, but, wow, it takes a lot of time! You look great Andie, but I’m not so sure I have the patience to do either look.

7. Cherie 07/02/2011 at 12:26 pm #

WONDERFUL tutorial!! I love the pin up look :) Thanks for making this video!!!

8. rachel 07/03/2011 at 10:44 pm #

awesome tutorial! thank you :) want to rush off and try this but I’m headed to bed!

9. Cristina 07/06/2011 at 2:41 pm #

Loved this! Andie should definitely do a 1960’s Mod look for her next tutorial!!

10. Anna 07/11/2011 at 11:07 am #

Love this tutorial! I cannot apply eye shadow to save my life but I decided to give this look a go for my senior portrait pic and it came out great. Thanks!

11. Marine 08/17/2011 at 7:00 am #

OH MY GOD ! I love it ! Your tutorial is perfect… Please, do some more !!!!!!!

12. 2nd Love Cosmetics 09/09/2011 at 3:41 pm #

Great makeup tutorials! We agree with everyone’s comments.