The Bees Knees: No-Bake Peanut Butter Honeybees!

What do stop-motion and cooking have in common? We’ve combined these two creative forces to make the most adorable step-by-step cooking video of all time: delicious, no-bake peanut butter honeybees. Are you buzzing with excitement?

Find the full recipe and directions below, or gather your ingredients and push play! Either way, these bees will make your (and everyone else’s) day hum with “Mmmms” and “Ahhhs.”

No-Bake Peanut Butter Honeybees
From Taste of Home’s 1999 Quick-Cooking Annual Recipes. Makes four dozen.

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Plastic sandwich bag for chocolate striping

1. In a bowl, cream peanut butter, butter, and sugar until smooth. Add crumbs and mix well.
2. Shape teaspoonfulls of dough into 1-1/4-inch ovals, and place on a baking sheet or tray.
3. Place chocolate in a small, microwave safe bowl; microwave on high for 1 minute or until melted. Transfer melted chocolate to plastic sandwich bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag to create your piping tool.
4. Pipe stripes (three’s a charm!) on each bee.
5. Insert two almonds into each bee for wings.
6. Use a toothpick to insert to poke holes for the eyes.
7. Store in the refrigerator, or land them to their final destination!

Even if you’re a busy bee, these are so simple that you’ll never have to arrive empty handed at a bbq or potluck again! And for extra cool points, when someone asks how to make them, show off the snazzy stop-motion cooking video. You can take credit for it, we won’t tell. :)

About Julianne

Julie Since graduating from the "Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too," Julie's aptness for the written word picked up steam like a runaway train. Her journey thus far has been fueled by an adventurous heart, creative mind, and love of breakfast, baking, and bacon. She often makes social situations more awkward than they need to be and loves the word "scrumtrulescent!"

, , , ,

14 Responses to The Bees Knees: No-Bake Peanut Butter Honeybees!

1. Sarah 07/05/2011 at 3:47 pm #

Too cute!!

<3 Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

2. Molly K. (ModCloth) 07/05/2011 at 6:17 pm #

Awwwww! This adorable stop-motion video and yummy recipe have me abuzz about how incredibly awesome and innovative my coworkers are! I give a virtual ‘hive’ five to Julie and the Video Team for ‘bee-ing’ so talented.

3. Megan O. 07/05/2011 at 9:03 pm #

love it! i’m going to make these and take them into work :)

4. Maggie 07/06/2011 at 12:29 am #

These are adorable! I plan on making these for sure, just one question: the typed ingredients say 1/2 cup peanut butter, and the video says 1 cup, so which is the correct amount?

• Wendan 07/06/2011 at 8:58 pm #

I noticed that too! Same with the powdered sugar… clarification please!

• Jean 07/07/2011 at 1:26 pm #

I’ve watched the video a couple times now, and I’m pretty sure that the measuring cup is filled to the 1 Cup mark with peanut butter.

5. Sydney 07/06/2011 at 1:26 am #

Am I the only one slightly disappointed that there isn’t any honey in these honeybees? Well, screw it, I’m adding some to mine!

6. Nina 07/06/2011 at 10:42 am #

This is the most adorable cooking video I’ve ever seen!!

7. Just Cake Girl 07/07/2011 at 1:20 am #

Amazing video, I just got up and it made my day :) love the honeybees!! ;)

8. Celeste 07/07/2011 at 9:01 am #

This is the cutest video ever! What a great idea/great way to demonstrate a recipe or any step-by-step instructions. Reminds me of old Sesame Street episodes — my fave!

9. your old friend, christen 07/07/2011 at 3:58 pm #

lovin’ this, julie! adorable!

10. Victoria / Justice Pirate 07/08/2011 at 3:44 pm #

hehehe that was so so cute and I loved the music to go along with it. I would love to try this (but tend to hide the peanut butter stuff in the house because my 2.5 year old is allergic to it. wah!)

11. Megan 07/10/2011 at 2:27 am #

I made these tonight with my best friend. They’re really good :)

12. Leah 07/10/2011 at 9:33 am #

Okay, turning off the computer, and saying “Hello Kitchen! You ready for some bee’s?” :D