Mod You Look!: Charities Benefit from ModCloth's Employee Scavenger Hunt

Scoring a snap bracelet, spotting a mullet, and giving a police officer a group hug were just a few of the zany antics teams were asked to partake in during the first Annual ModCloth Scavenger Hunt, held by our Charitable Giving Committee as this month’s employee volunteer event.

Here’s how it worked:

• ModPeeps were asked to create teams of four members or less.
  • They dubbed themselves with playful team names like Fast Plaid, Finding Franco, and, my personal favorite, Robot Unicorns.
  • Each team paid an entry fee to participate, and the money raised was donated to the winning team’s non-profit organization of choice.

Check out these behind-the-scenes photos to see if you can decipher what tickling tasks our teams were asked to perform!

Although team #Winning trailed by a mere point, ultimately, it was Sid Bream’s Mustache Appreciation Society that won bragging rights. Chosen non-profits to benefit from the funds raised included DonorsChoose.org, an online charity dedicated to helping connect donors to classrooms in need, and The Washington Area Humane Society.

How are you volunteering your time this summer? We’d love to hear about it!

Laura Vrcek

, , , , , , ,

8 Responses to Mod You Look!: Charities Benefit from ModCloth's Employee Scavenger Hunt

1. Linzy 07/06/2011 at 3:25 pm #

Haha! That’s looks like so much fun! I love crazy scavenger hunts, even better when they’re for a good cause.

Little Acorns

2. paula 07/07/2011 at 6:36 am #

I like this too linzy:)))
    It’s so fun, I actually participated at a similar event that took place in New York. Yuri Mintskovsky was the man with the idea, an investor that loves charity events.

3. eyesofcuriosity 07/07/2011 at 10:30 am #

A local nursing home is doing a caring with dogs program this summer and I plan on taking my big guy over there. I’m excited cause since I got him people have told me how well he would do as a therapy dog…plus he stands at just over 3 feet, so he’ll be able to comfort the bed ridden without jumping in their personal space or getting their paws all over their beds. :)

4. Catrina 07/07/2011 at 11:29 am #

I’ve been volunteering at a Ronald McDonald House which provides a home for families who have children in the hospital. I’m also going to an invisible Children conference in August. Check out the website!

5. Cindy (ModCloth) 07/07/2011 at 1:00 pm #

This was so much fun! Though I have always suspected as such, it confirmed that there is no future for me in pizza making.

6. Chrisal 07/19/2011 at 7:30 pm #

A little late but I just discovered/got lost in the ModCloth Blog! Kudos, I love it when companies do great volunteer projects with their staff :) As for me I am completing a second term of service for Americorps/Public Allies Arizona!

7. Julie 08/25/2011 at 7:46 am #

Very late, but: I have a close friend who is running the Cape Cod Marathon for Cystic Fibrosis in October, and I’m trying to help him out in his efforts. I don’t suppose the ModCloth charitable giving committee would be interested in supporting his fundraiser by donating a gift certificate to raffle off? (truth: he has been very successful in obtaining bruins tickets, red sox signed merchandise, etc., which many of us ladies enjoy, but seriously, it would be nice to have something that we’d really, really love to win in a raffle for a good cause!)