Page Turners: At the Zoo with Atomica Mag

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

It may be the middle of summer, but this incredible editorial from Atomica Magazine No. 4 has me dreaming of fall. When back-to-school time rolls around, you can bet I’ll be seeking inspiration from this field trip-themed spread, with its charming socks-and-heels combos, button-up blouses, and mini skirts. It’s like Clueless meets Heathers in 2011. Or, maybe I’m just really in the mood to watch some of my favorite teen flicks….

12 Responses to Page Turners: At the Zoo with Atomica Mag

1. shelby petersen 07/07/2011 at 1:29 pm #

you are so right it is clueless meets heathers. preppy, but they all look kinda mean or angry.

2. Kat 07/07/2011 at 3:56 pm #

All I can think is ‘YIKES’ about the skirts in the first image…they’re anime short! If you moved at all you’d flash EVERYTHING. No way a school would allow skirts that you couldn’t sit down in.

I also agree with Shelby, they all look stuck up and mean.

I do like the dresses in the fourth picture though. They’re bright but simple in design

3. Desiree 07/07/2011 at 5:31 pm #

I love the colors though there’s something about it that seems almost funny. It kind of reminds me of when Molly Shannon and Emmy Laybourne were pretending to be models in Superstar

4. Morgan 07/07/2011 at 5:55 pm #

I love how the girls aren’t carbon copies of each other and i think that’s what makes these looks work. They’re all similar but varied. Different takes on the same theme. I love it!

5. Cahterine 07/07/2011 at 6:08 pm #

Love this editorial, and it’s not too unwearable. The colors just pop. My favorite is the one with all of the blush pinks, it’s just so perfect!

The Girl in the Paper Dress

6. Kelly 07/07/2011 at 6:54 pm #

Oh, love this academically inspired look … so copying some of these when the weather gets warmer!

Kelly @
    Elegantly Academic

7. Clementine 07/07/2011 at 9:05 pm #

i love those red and black striped wedges in the first picture!

8. sally 07/07/2011 at 9:30 pm #

I like the gray dress in the last picture, the design is nice.

9. Linzy 07/07/2011 at 11:45 pm #

Haha this is cute! It reminds me of 3rd grade field trips to the zoo. I love all of the colors, and the simple lines. Very chic.

Little Acorns

10. Kaitlyn 07/08/2011 at 1:12 pm #

This is a great ad!! I love the first picture especially because all the outfits looks similiar but each of them represent a different style and a way to weat similiar things. I also like the one where they all have on different navy blue skirts on! It’s such a great concept

11. BriBri 07/10/2011 at 7:33 pm #

Love how thick the blondes legs are. I love seeing models that I can relate to. (I have very thick legs too!)

12. Grace 07/18/2011 at 9:44 am #

I love school outfits! These are a great modern take on the normal blouse and skirt uniform. Although I do have a strong love for plaid skirts…