Show and Tell: Lisa Congdon’s 365 Collections

You’ve heard of art collections, but what about collection art? For 365 days, San Francisco artist Lisa Congdon took on the gargantuan task of documenting her massive collection of everyday objects on her blog, A Collection a Day. We stopped by Congdon’s studio to talk about the art of collection, and her blog’s new namesake book.

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

, , , , ,

6 Responses to Show and Tell: Lisa Congdon’s 365 Collections

1. Sarah Geraci 07/15/2011 at 3:59 pm #

Lisa is adorable. What a great studio. I collect license plates. It’s simple, but kinda tricky.

2. Roxanne the Dainty Librarian 07/17/2011 at 1:23 pm #

Lisa Congdon is a genius! I love her arrangements, everything looks so beautiful. Currently I’m trying to collect every edition of every book Kurt Vonnegut has written, which is getting continually harder each time they re-release his books, but some day I’ll have them all!

3. Laura 07/22/2011 at 3:39 pm #

Finally! How, here’s a reason to permit my own hunter-gatherer urges. Well said, Lisa!

4. Annie (ModCloth) 07/23/2011 at 2:06 am #

Immediately after watching this video, I purchased Lisa’s book. I can’t wait to get it in the mail:) Speaking of mail, that’s my biggest collection – I’ve saved every personal card, letter, and note I’ve ever received in the mail since I was about 16 years old. I don’t know how I will ever part with so many pieces of paper:) Sometimes I curse being sentimental but Lisa has shown me that it’s not necessarily a bad thing!

5. Marne (ModCloth) 07/29/2011 at 11:44 am #

This video is amazing! I love her so much more now.
    I collect vintage office supplies too!
    :D

6. juliette crane 08/03/2011 at 9:06 am #

really fun to see everything and hear more about your process and how everything came about :)

thank you for sharing so much inspiration…-juliette