Falling for Flats

Top row, from the left: Highs and Loafers Shoe, On the Move Flat, and Rachel Antonoff for Bass Gamine Gait Flat. On the bottom: Ferry Commute Shoe, Rachel Antonoff for Bass Kissing Hearts Flat, and Kiltie Conscience Flat.

Flats are often dismissed as a lazy day-only option, but these fab flats could give any heel a run for its money. Not only can you actually run in them, these sidewalk stunners come equipped with fetching details such as tassels, kiltie fringes, and color-coordinated shoelaces. For the lowdown on all of our flats, stroll on over to our flats section.

Do you wear flats? How do you style them?

About ModCloth

18 Responses to Falling for Flats

1. poppy 07/26/2011 at 10:38 am #

being six feet tall i am so over flats that aren’t cute. these, however, are adorable!

2. Erika Rowshan 07/26/2011 at 11:41 am #

Flats are definitely a wardrobe staple for me since I’m 5’9″ and I don’t like towering over people all of the time. I probably have around 10 or 12 different pairs that I can wear and do different things with. I have some simple pairs that go with everything and some that have an interesting look to them I can only wear with certain outfits. I’ve been checking out Modcloth’s flats more and more lately actually and will likely be purchasing some before too long. :)

3. Ali 07/26/2011 at 12:39 pm #

I’m only 5′ 2″ and I rock flats all the time. I hate the attitude that flats are a “cop-out” or only for tall girls. I’m always running, jumping, and dancing around and sometimes heels are just too risky for my spazzy little ankles. I don’t think there’s any shame in that! These are all perfect examples of flats that are super on-trend and adorable! No fashion sacrifices here.

spinnersendvintage.blogspot.com

4. Alyssa Pritchett 07/26/2011 at 4:18 pm #

Flats are an absolute necessity for me! They go with everything I wear and allow me to go everywhere without having aching feet!

5. Blythe 07/26/2011 at 4:22 pm #

I have very short, fat feet, and since flats are categorically long and narrow, I have never found a pair that fit.

6. cheryl 07/26/2011 at 6:33 pm #

To me, heels are more comfortable than flats. For some strange reason, I always feel like I’m goina topple over wearing flats!

7. Erin 07/26/2011 at 6:39 pm #

I live in flats! They are definitely my go-to shoe for any outfit. I don’t understand what’s wrong with wearing them, though. I tend to dress them up more than anything.

8. Sydney 07/27/2011 at 12:20 am #

I wear them at work, since I’m on my feet constantly. However, I have a hard time finding ones that actually stay on my feet–I have to get the ones that have elastic around the top edge.

9. Irene 07/27/2011 at 2:35 am #

Heels are fantastic, but flats are a summer must. When you’re out for a beach party or picnic at the park a six inch stiletto isn’t really fitting. Currently I’m in love with my new pair of black oxfords. They’re insanely versatile and look great with everything. Some times I like to switch up the laces to match my outfits. Cute tassels for the day and a sassy bright red ribbon for night.

10. Rashel 07/27/2011 at 3:55 am #

As a college student I am constantly on the go, running from one class to another across campus in 5-10 mins; so wearing flats or boots with low heels is comfortable and easy for me. And as a music major & dance minor, I have ballet and opera rehearsals late at night, and I like how flats can be worn with anything at anytime.
    Also, as an individual I am very influence with Asian & cute styles. I love wearing leggings w/ shorts, petite dresses or shirts. Also, I love wearing skinny jeans with a loose top (most of them have ruffles, or vivid graphic designs). And with these styles I wear flats or boots because there comfortable, and I know that I can wear flats or boots without feeling under or over dress at an event. :)

check out my video of me singing:

11. Meggie 07/27/2011 at 6:24 am #

I LOVE flats! I wear them all the time even though I’m only 5′ tall. I cannot wear heels at work (I’m a nurse) so I have a terrible time walking in anything higher than a kitten heel. Flats are totally my go-to shoe with anything from jeans and a cute top to a simple sun dress!!

12. Jo - Lost in the Haze 07/27/2011 at 7:55 am #

I am crazy about the second pair! They are oh-so gorgeous! x

13. katjiana vladimira esquivel 07/27/2011 at 12:14 pm #

Oh how i adore flats! I am pretty short and petite I am standing at a proud 5’1 ! So flats even though not giving me any height is fine they are my go to shoe and most oh so comfortable! I have tons.
    And btw i luv evry single shoe in this pic!

14. Sara Mc 07/27/2011 at 12:29 pm #

I think the idea that flats are a “lazy day” choice is just silly. Flats look lovely with just about anything, and they double as a practical shoe, too!

15. Sydney 07/27/2011 at 3:58 pm #

I love them all!

16. Olivia 07/27/2011 at 6:07 pm #

I agree with Blythe, flats are not made for people with short fat feet! (Just like all the jeans that are made for my waist but for someone tall). Still, doesn’t stop me from wearing them.

17. Chelsea 07/28/2011 at 11:12 pm #

I agree with the previous comments that flats are not a “lazy day” option. Given the health repercussions of wearing heels (damage to your feet, shorting of the Achilles, unnatural curvature of the lower spine, increased risk and strain to the knees), one can only wonder why there aren’t more stylish flats. A podiatrist once said that if women had burned their heels instead of their bras in the ’60s, women would be a lot more liberated. I am inclined to agree.

18. michelle 08/30/2011 at 7:04 pm #

love them all! I mostly wear them with lovely dress or skirt