We’ve been jonesin’ for another jaunt in the Southern Hemisphere ever since our trip to Auckland, so it’s with great excitement that we present this Travel Bug tour of Sydney, Australia! At the helm of this tour is blogger Margaret of Shine By Three, who’s promised to show us the sights and sounds of Sydney.
1. Rozelle Markets. “My go-to for a day of treasure hunting with friends. I got this incredible leather jacket for $30 just before the seller left. [There's] bits and pieces in the way of belts, jewelery, and home decor (if only I had an apartment to furnish!) [and it's] very open to bargaining. It’s been a growing trend, too, for wardrobe clear-outs and designer sample sales to park their loot on these grounds. Definitely worth the Saturday, Sunday–or both!”
2. CafÃ© Giulia. “Definitely my favorite feeding spot in Sydney – amazing mixed juices, and I’ve been slowly working my way through the menu over the course of the year (with the help of every meeting and catchup conveniently situated there). The Tuscan Toast, Moroccan Tea, and brownies are absolutely to die for, as is the atmosphere.”
3. The Galeries Victoria. “The Galeries, for me, is the central point of Sydney CBD [Central Business District]. Incu and NÃ¼+Nan are fantastic for extending wishlists and bagging ridiculous savings, and Kinokuniya has the best windowsills to sit and people watch the George St. intersection – and probably the only place in Sydney that sells Vivi magazine and half-decent travel books.”
3. Mizuya. “Mizuya is halfway down George St., opposite the cinema. During the day, you can get green tea soft serve for $1, and in the evening, touchscreen orders on sushi makes for significant over-dinner entertainment.”
5. Circular Quay. “It may just be me, but I never get sick of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge at night. Admittedly, I’ve never done the Bridge climb, but you’d be surprised how much appreciation you can get from sitting outside the [Museum of Contemporary Art] after 8 p.m.”
Thanks for the tour, Margaret! Readers: Have you been to Sydney?