Strolling Through Sydney with Shine By Three

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

We’ve been jonesin’ for another jaunt in the Southern Hemisphere ever since our trip to Auckland, so it’s with great excitement that we present this Travel Bug tour of Sydney, Australia! At the helm of this tour is blogger Margaret of Shine By Three, who’s promised to show us the sights and sounds of Sydney.

Our guide, Margaret, sports the Hey, Hot Stuff Sweater, Bunting Season Shorts, Portable Pocket Belt, In the Knit of Time Socks in PM, and Three Crowns Heel.

1. Rozelle Markets. “My go-to for a day of treasure hunting with friends. I got this incredible leather jacket for $30 just before the seller left. [There's] bits and pieces in the way of belts, jewelery, and home decor (if only I had an apartment to furnish!) [and it's] very open to bargaining. It’s been a growing trend, too, for wardrobe clear-outs and designer sample sales to park their loot on these grounds. Definitely worth the Saturday, Sunday–or both!”

2. Café Giulia. “Definitely my favorite feeding spot in Sydney – amazing mixed juices, and I’ve been slowly working my way through the menu over the course of the year (with the help of every meeting and catchup conveniently situated there). The Tuscan Toast, Moroccan Tea, and brownies are absolutely to die for, as is the atmosphere.”

3. The Galeries Victoria. “The Galeries, for me, is the central point of Sydney CBD [Central Business District]. Incu and Nü+Nan are fantastic for extending wishlists and bagging ridiculous savings, and Kinokuniya has the best windowsills to sit and people watch the George St. intersection – and probably the only place in Sydney that sells Vivi magazine and half-decent travel books.”

3. Mizuya. “Mizuya is halfway down George St., opposite the cinema. During the day, you can get green tea soft serve for $1, and in the evening, touchscreen orders on sushi makes for significant over-dinner entertainment.”

5. Circular Quay. “It may just be me, but I never get sick of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge at night. Admittedly, I’ve never done the Bridge climb, but you’d be surprised how much appreciation you can get from sitting outside the [Museum of Contemporary Art] after 8 p.m.”

Thanks for the tour, Margaret! Readers: Have you been to Sydney?

About ModCloth

, , , , ,

16 Responses to Strolling Through Sydney with Shine By Three

1. Laura 08/05/2011 at 1:03 pm #

Sydney is definitely on my must-visit-within-the-next-five-years list! My friend visits every year to sell his art there, and I’m thinking I need to tag along with him one of these times. If I do, you bet I’ll hit up these spots!

2. Edwina 08/05/2011 at 4:00 pm #

I’ve lived in Sydney my whole life and no matter how many times I’ve been to Circular Quay the harbour view gets me every time. Love love love my city! x

3. Lyndell 08/05/2011 at 5:21 pm #

Yes, I’ve been to Sydney given I reside in Australia. It’s a pity you didn’t get to see Melbourne, which has a multitude of Street cafes and el fresco eating, , art galleries, fashion, beautiful tree lined streets, wonderful parks and the best street of all, Collins Street. It’s where we have our high end fashion stores and is our French end of town. Melbourne has it’s own adorable personality, it’s more polite and laid back. We’d give you that New York minute. It’s a very friendly place. You’ll get that elusive New York minute in Melbourne. Melbourne is seen as Australia’s Fashion Capitol. Next time you are down this way, make a point of coming to Melbourne. You won’ regret it.

4. Ally 08/05/2011 at 6:24 pm #

I live in Sydney! I also work right on Circular Quay so I get to sit on the grass and look at the Harbour Bridge and Opera House and watch the ferries come in on my lunch break. I don’t want to live anywhere else!

5. Sarah G. 08/06/2011 at 12:38 am #

I just moved to Sydney for a semester so this post was so perfect and helpful! Thanks so much :)

• Danielle 09/05/2011 at 7:55 am #

As did I! This was super helpful in such a big city!

6. Clementine 08/06/2011 at 8:58 am #

Oooh I want that green tea soft serve! :p Great tour!

7. Livii 08/06/2011 at 6:20 pm #

I’ve had one of those soft-serve things last time I went to the city! They are amazing :D
    I live an hour away from Sydney, but still get over excited when i get to go :)

8. Olivia 08/07/2011 at 3:47 am #

I’m Australian, so yes I have been to Sydney (lived there until I was 8). Went back there a few weeks ago. Wish this blog had been posted before then! Could have done a lot more shopping! Did go to the Galeries everyday though!
    I would trade Perth for Sydney any day!!!!!!

9. Imogen 08/07/2011 at 6:40 am #

Born and raised in Sydney^^ I love going back there to visit my little brother, and the aquarium is our favorite place to go together. Thanks for sharing some new spots though, I’ll be sure to drag him around next time I visit <3

10. Viktoria 08/07/2011 at 9:59 pm #

Love the photos! you sure do give great tour! makes me want to go hop on a plane and taste some of that Green tea ice cream and some Moroccan tea. :)

11. Doreen 08/07/2011 at 10:17 pm #

The food looks delicious and that “green tea soft serve” looks like some “mouthwatering” stuff. Great blog!
    stylishedforever.blogspot.com

12. puppyloveprincess 08/08/2011 at 8:50 am #

what is that delicious-looking open-faced sandwich thingy with the tomatoes? are those sauteed onions, mushrooms? …YUM!

• Margaret 08/08/2011 at 3:09 pm #

that’s the tuscan toast with avocado, tomato and grilled mushrooms :) x

13. Candice 08/08/2011 at 7:08 pm #

Makes me soooo homesick to see all the photos of Sydney! I love the Galeries too and never fail to visit Kinokuniya every time I come home. I could spend all day in there =)

14. Melissa 08/10/2011 at 5:26 pm #

Just got back from a two week study abroad where we went to Sydney then north to Cairns. Loved every second! I fell in love with Australia and now I have to figure out how I can go back for an extended stay!