A Ride with Bicycle Belles

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

How do you bike to work or school without sacrificing your fashion sensibilities? It’s easier than you think–just look to our new stylebook, Bicycle Belles, and watch the behind-the-scenes video above! This collection features the sweetest of dresses, skirts, and shoes that you’ll want to wear everywhere. Even if you prefer pedestrian walkways by foot or paved highways by car, you’ll get a ‘kick-stand’ out of this awesome ‘at-tire.’

Now that you dig the looks, how about the bikes? PUBLIC Bikes was gracious enough to lend us two of their beautiful, Dutch style bicycles for our shoot. These chic two-wheelers are an apt complement to the fresh, playful, and feminine outfits. But, don’t forget the most important accessory of all–your helmet!

What are your favorite styles from this collection?

13 Responses to A Ride with Bicycle Belles

1. Carissa 08/08/2011 at 12:15 pm #

Great video! But they didn’t even ride the bikes! Ha. It’s funny, because I was just thinking about attire and riding bikes, since I recently found all these cute skirts, and I was hoping your video would give me an “inside look”, but alas no riding. Maybe we can’t be cute and ride bikes? :P

2. Hannah (ModCloth) 08/08/2011 at 2:34 pm #

I ride in a skirt and heels a lot, Carissa! Totally possible to be cute and ride bikes.

For skirts, A-line silhouettes are perfect, especially when they reach the knee.

For heels, I prefer heels that are low and have a substantial shape (no stilettos!).

Happy cute biking!

3. Erin 08/08/2011 at 4:21 pm #

I don’t understand how you could ride bikes in these skirts… wouldn’t you be flashing your panties to the world? Alas, we will never know, as they did not ride the bikes at all. I think I can be cute with pants, though, so no prob.

• Erin (ModCloth) 08/08/2011 at 5:39 pm #

I agree! You can certainly be just as cute in pants or a skirt while riding your bike! Keep an eye out for more posts in the coming week about how to stay stylish and safe while riding your bike. Including tips on how to keep people from getting a peek when you sport a skirt while cycling!

4. Peace 08/08/2011 at 4:30 pm #

what’s the name of the song in the video? i love it! my favorite lookbook by far, btw.

• Erin (ModCloth) 08/08/2011 at 5:34 pm #

Thank you! The song is called “Places to Go” by Leftover Cuties. Look out for a post tomorrow with more info about the band!

5. Spinner Bike 08/08/2011 at 10:18 pm #

Thanks for sharing that with us! There is no reason that we should sacrifice fashion when we go biking

6. anastasia 08/09/2011 at 9:18 am #

LOL great lookbook if you want to walk your bike around town? clothes are cute, video just seems to confirm the impracticality of most of the outfits for bikin’ ladies

7. E 08/09/2011 at 10:36 am #

I really hope that, had these ladies actually hopped on their bikes, they would’ve popped on some helmets too.

8. Rebecca 08/09/2011 at 11:46 am #

Video was cute, but I really want to know the song!

9. S 08/10/2011 at 5:38 pm #

You guys stopped watching the video too soon.

Leftover Cuties – Places To Go

10. Lauren 09/11/2011 at 11:33 am #

I have been wearing skirts/dresses with my bike for years. My trick to not flashing skin? Boxer-briefs!!