You’ve Got a Head for Cuteness – and Safety!

I’ll admit it, sometimes helmets look kind of dorky and not that cute. But, what’s definitely not cute is suffering a serious injury due to not wearing one. Chances are that you wear a seat belt every time you get into a car, right? Well, take that sentiment with you when you hop on your bike and wear a helmet every time. And guess what? There are many cute helmets out there! Here’s a round-up of our fave headwear, from the quirky to the sassy.

Which helmet would you wear? Have you decorated your own helmets?

Clockwise from the top: Faction by Bell,  Surface by GiroZip Mold by Bern, Watermelon by NutcaseParis Blue Red by Yakkay, and Ink In Water by Hardnutz.

About Angela

Someday, Angela will be tending to her sheep, llamas and alpacas on the “Yarn Farm” and raising award winning honey bees. Until then, the native Pittsburgher is enjoying all things related to knitting, her cats, Mr. Spock, red lipstick, and creativity. Writing is her first true love.

15 Responses to You’ve Got a Head for Cuteness – and Safety!

1. Shelby 08/08/2011 at 11:35 am #

I love the watermelon one! I had to buy a helmet from the little boys section because my head was too small for the cool printed ones so I’m stuck with plain grey. oh well, at least my head is safe!

2. Linzy 08/08/2011 at 12:05 pm #

The plaid one is so cute! It seriously made me giggle when I saw it. Love it!

Little Acorns

3. Amie 08/08/2011 at 2:33 pm #

You can’t buy the watermelon one if you live in Canada ;_;. That’s so unfair.

• Erin (ModCloth) 08/08/2011 at 5:45 pm #

They don’t have an online shop for Canada, but there are Nutcase dealers in Canada! You might try contacting them and asking for a local shop that carries it!

4. Jessica 08/08/2011 at 3:54 pm #

Thanks Modcloth. I love to see the promotion of helmet wearing!

5. headless 08/08/2011 at 4:36 pm #

i would still go helmet less.

6. Anna 08/08/2011 at 6:21 pm #

I have the watermelon one! it’s really comfortable and super cute!

7. Alexandra 08/08/2011 at 6:45 pm #

The Nutcase helmets are great, but they don’t have a wide range of sizes. I tried some on in my boyfriend’s bike shop, and even though I am totally in love with a gold glitter one, neither size was acceptable.

8. Kat 08/08/2011 at 9:57 pm #

Oh that plaid one is adorable! I have problems with bike helmets because my head is tiny >< I'm 26 but I wear a youth helmet size ^^;

• Kat 08/08/2011 at 10:02 pm #

Oh man, never mind…..that is WAY too much for a bike helmet, no matter how cute.

9. Penny 08/08/2011 at 10:56 pm #

I actually own the watermelon one – it’s great. I figured, I have to wear one anyway, and they always look silly, so I may as well go all out on the silliness. Plus, every person I pass instantly breaks into a huge grin – I feel decorative! ;)

• Angela (ModCloth) 08/10/2011 at 5:56 am #

Yay! I kind of wish I’d seen the watermelon one before I bought my current Nutcase helmet, which is just plain sky blue. Isn’t it awesome to make people grin with your style?

10. Elizabeth 08/09/2011 at 10:39 am #

Okay, I read the blog in reverse…a big huzzah for helmet-wearing! Thank you for putting this out there. There’s nothing less stylish than having your brains on the sidewalk.

11. Viktoria 08/09/2011 at 2:31 pm #

I think the blue helmet and plaid helmet are adorable! :) thanks for putting up this post that promotes bike safety. be stylish and keep your head safe!

12. MB@YarnUiPhoneApp 08/10/2011 at 8:02 am #

I love the idea of making my own unique bicycle helmet with tubes of paint. Entrepreneur that I am I’d promote my bizness, of course.