I opened my fridge to find it nearly empty — one egg, condiments, and an abundance of plain yogurt. How did it come to this? Regardless, I needed to concoct a muffin of the month, and I pulled the yogurt from the fridge. Then, I ran down to the market and grabbed a kiwi, thinking, “Hrm, never baked with this before!” The result? These delightfully sweet, crumbly, kiwi and yogurt muffins!
‘Ki-wi’ hope you love them!
‘Kiwi’ Love Muffins
Makes about 1 dozen regular sized muffins. Prep time: about 10 minutes. Bake time: 20-25 minutes.
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup yogurt
2/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 peeled and chopped kiwi
1. Preheat oven at 350°F.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Beat together egg, oil, yogurt, and vanilla, then stir in sugar.
4. Gently stir flour mix into sugar mix, adding a little flour at a time.
5. Fold in chopped kiwi. Do not overmix.
6. Fill muffin cups and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
Enjoy with a glass if OJ and a dollop of honey! What baking inventions have you come up with lately?