Day ‘n’ Night: How to Wear Bandage Dresses in the Daytime

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

A simple bandage dress may be an easy piece to throw on for a night out with friends, but we wanted to see if we could get a bit more mileage out of our favorite figure flattering frock.  Unconvinced? We asked our ModEmployees to model three casual looks to show how, with the right accessories, anyone can rock these short and sassy dresses.

Above, writing intern Sophi looks too cool for school in the Coconut Grove Dress in Sand, paired with the Dream of the Crop Top, Welcome Backpack, and Jeffrey Campbell Forest Pump.

Photo specialist Mandy sports the bold Oh Wow Dress with the Fetching Femme Bra,  Bring it Pom Scarf, Black Peacock Feather Tights, and Crimson and Bow-ver Heel. Her secret weapon? The Stylish Silhouette Tube Dress, which she slipped underneath the dress to create a smooth silhouette.

Natasha, our Social Media Manager, looks casual chic in this easy ensemble wearing the Fuchsia Superstar Dress layered under the Doing Knit Well Sweater and paired with the Three Crowns Heel, Howl Do You Do? Tote, and the Above the Clouds Necklace.

Do you wear bandage dresses? How do you style them?

, , , ,

18 Responses to Day ‘n’ Night: How to Wear Bandage Dresses in the Daytime

1. Amanda 08/18/2011 at 1:27 pm #

I still think these looks are dressy…

• Carli 08/18/2011 at 4:06 pm #

they’re not trying to make it look less dressy, just more appropriate to wear around during the day.

• Amanda 08/19/2011 at 1:02 pm #

But what makes something more appropriate for the day as opposed to the night? Usually you dress up more at night, you go out- but during the day most people work or run errands and so, as many people said below, just putting on a scarf or hiding it with a sweater doesn’t really do much. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like the dresses or don’t think this was a valient effort!

2. Carissa 08/18/2011 at 3:30 pm #

They rocked it! You go, ladies! I added Miss Mandy to my Pinterest.

3. Laura 08/18/2011 at 4:17 pm #

Yeah, not convinced. Cute looks, but for me, daytime=work, and these would not come close to looking professional. And for weekend errands, they are way too much. They’d all be great date-type outfits though! Particularly like the accessories in the first look.

• Amanda 08/19/2011 at 1:03 pm #

I agree wholeheartedly. Pretty much what I meant in my above comment.

4. Kelly McKernan 08/18/2011 at 4:20 pm #

They would’ve been more convincing with leggings, perhaps. But I’m not crazy about those looks anyhow.

5. Alissa B 08/18/2011 at 5:21 pm #

Natasha really nailed it! I wonder if I could pull off my bandage dress in a day look!

Alissa B

6. alek 08/18/2011 at 8:37 pm #

Natasha’s the only one who came close to pulling it off. Bandage dresses should be too tight to wear something under them, and you can’t just throw a scarf on a night look and call it day (no matter how much you might want to).

7. Amylucimar 08/19/2011 at 4:08 am #

wow. i would never think to wear a bandage dress because i don’t think it would work on me but i definitely just bought the Stylish Silhouette Tube Dress. :o) all the looks are so cute.

8. Eliza 08/19/2011 at 6:19 am #

I love Natasha’s look! All the models are just stunning, though. It has inspired me to try this! XOXO Modcloth!

9. Jessica Wilson 08/19/2011 at 12:54 pm #

I agree – I think Natasha is the closest as to what I could get away with at work. But I would definitely choose flats instead of platform heels – just to tone it down further. But I love the colors of all 3!

10. rachael 08/19/2011 at 11:23 pm #

I love Mandy! Her body is legendary.

11. puppyloveprincess 08/21/2011 at 8:50 am #

it’s amazing what layers can do! this looks perfect for the fall :)

12. Kayleigh 08/24/2011 at 6:09 am #

Yowza Mandy looks killer!

13. Wella | Clothing Tags 08/26/2011 at 1:14 am #

I love the bandage dress! Very stylish. The colors are neutral and simple.

14. MrsNumbles 09/04/2011 at 6:45 pm #

I love Sophi’s look the best. The neutral colors, the knit top, the leather bag make it perfect. I say rock it if you have the figure – why not?

15. Amber 10/28/2011 at 10:50 am #

I have a dark grey bandage dress from American Apparel and it still sits in my closet because I really dont go out in evening, BUT I paired it with a cream cardi and and some chucks and it looked cute