Last week, we offered you a peek at our ModHatter Tea Party, which overflowed with stylish ensembles and eye-catching hors d’oeuvres. While the party may be over, there’s still time to make these miniature Oreo and peanut butter-filled pies! These two-bite treats were a hit at the tea party, and are guaranteed to “take the cake” at any event!
OreOMG Mini Pies
Makes approx. 18 pies. Recipe from Picky Palate. Bake Time: 22-26 minutes
2 refrigerated pie crusts
36 Oreo cookies (1 package)
40-ounce container of creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Bring pie crusts to room temperature before unrolling.
2. Unroll pie crusts onto a floured surface. Using the lid of your 40-ounce peanut butter container as a cookie cutter, ‘cut’ as many 4-inch rounds as possible from your pie crust.
3. Press cut dough into muffin pan. Repeat until all cups are filled.
4. Spread about a teaspoon of peanut butter over each Oreo cookie. When all cookies are covered, double stack your Oreos to an Oreo-PB-Oreo-PB ratio, and place each stack into a pie crust.
5. With remaining pie dough, cut roughly 1/4-inch strips to prepare lattice tops. Tip: Use the peanut butter lid as a sizing guide for this!
6. Over each lattice top, brush melted butter and generously sprinkle sugar.
7. Bake for 22-26 minutes, until golden brown. Let them cool before removing from pan.
8. Serve and receive lots of compliments from your friends and guests!
What are your most-loved mini recipes?