Behind the Scenes at Rachel Antonoff’s Spooktacular Spring 2012 Show

Fashion Week has only just begun, but we’ve already decided that the Rachel Antonoff Spring 2012 show is one of our favorites of the season! On Thursday, show-goers crept into the whimsical “Antonoff Manor” on the thirteenth floor of West Village’s Ramscale building, and watched as models transformed into haunted-looking dolls donning girlish dresses, sinister grins, and Wednesday Addams plaits. We caught up with Rachel herself to get the low-down on her inspiration, chatted with the DJ, Tennessee Thomas of The Like, and even got to meet Mr. Wendy, the kitty star of the show!

Now, what are you waiting for? Click play!

About Erin

Erin is our resident California girl with a love for everything vintage. She’s the creative force behind Calivintage.com and she’s joined the ModCloth blog team to share her passion for vintage-inspired style, cycling adventures, and silly hats!

, , , , ,

9 Responses to Behind the Scenes at Rachel Antonoff’s Spooktacular Spring 2012 Show

1. Sarah Louise 09/09/2011 at 4:09 pm #

I like Mr Wendy

2. Annie (ModCloth) 09/09/2011 at 4:15 pm #

AMAZING! I can only imagine how much fun you’re having:) Thanks for sharing!

3. jenloveskev 09/10/2011 at 7:49 am #

SO GOOD guys! I am loving the coverage and this video was beyond cute. Keep it coming!

4. Maria Elyse 09/10/2011 at 9:39 am #

I can never get over how wonderful Rachel Antonoff’s designs are. ♥ How I would love to go to one of her shows!

xo
    Maria Elyse
    First Impressions
    Flying Ships Vintage

5. Lee 09/10/2011 at 8:31 pm #

I’m so glad MC did a post on the Rachel Antonoff show, the instagram pics on Twitter looked SO FREAKING AMAZING! I love what the make-up artist says, about the look being old-fashioned dolls put away in the attic, and then coming to life in her clothes. Love, love this aesthetic. And the set design/staging is gorgeous!

6. Ash 09/11/2011 at 8:36 am #

Love love love! Thank you for the video.

7. yoshimi 09/11/2011 at 3:14 pm #

I like the theme around the show, the cardboard cutouts and the cute Wednesday Addams braids… but I was underwhelmed by the clothing. It looked like anything you could get at a thrift store or Urban Outfitters or ModCloth already.

8. Me(: 09/11/2011 at 7:02 pm #

Everyone check out my blog!

9. Linzy 09/12/2011 at 10:36 am #

This is really cool! I’m really into the “so cute it’s creepy” theme. The clothes are fantastic! Thanks for covering this!

Little Acorns