Announcing a(n) (insert adj.) new ModCloth contest: Thrill-in-the-Blank!
We adore reading your winsome words in the Be the Buyer comments, and we’d love to see even more savvy suggestions, indelible ideas, and fabulous feedback. So, to help you help us, we’ve put together a glam grammar game!
Here’s how it works:
- You choose a template from our snazzy selection below.
- Copy and paste that into a comment for this fab Be the Buyer item.
- Get creative! Replace the all-caps words in the template with your own in order to compose one completely marvelous musing.
- Post that comment as you would a regular one! It counts as your contest entry. :)
And now, here’s the nitty gritty:
- Only one entry per person, please!
- Entries may only be submitted via comments on this Be the Buyer item.
- Contest ends October 5, 2011, and the winner will be announced October 10 here on the blog.
- One lucky winner will snag a $100 gift certificate, and two runners-up will each receive a $50 gift certificate!
- Our complete contest rules can be found here.
So, are you ready to wow us with your lovely lexicon? Then, get started by choosing one of the terrific templates below.
Good luck, you wonderfully stylish wordsmiths!
Look out, CLASSIC HOLLYWOOD ACTRESS! This ADJECTIVE dress reminds me so much of old movies and that DECADE/ERA look. I really love the SPECIFIC DETAIL, and/or SPECIFIC DETAIL! This dress would be perfect to wear out to EVENT with a(n) ACCESSORY, TYPE OF JEWELRY, and TYPE OF SHOES. However, if I could change one thing about it, I’d alter the SPECIFIC DETAIL for a more modern look.
Very, Very Versatile
This is the perfect dress to grab for an impromptu night out at MY FAVE PLACE, yet it also works for a daytime EVENT. It’s a classic DECADE/ERA design, it’s incredibly ADJECTIVE, and really easy to dress up or down! I’d wear this piece in the daytime with my TYPE OF SHOES, and TYPE OF JEWELRY OR ACCESSORY, and deck it out for night with my TYPE OF SHOES, TYPE OF JEWELRY, OUTERWEAR/LAYERING PIECE, and ACCESSORY. If it was up to me, I’d make just one teensy alteration, and that would be SUGGESTED ALTERATION. If that were changed, you’d better believe I’d be out wearing this frock to PLACE/EVENT tonight if I could!
Today is not just another day at the office for me; I have EVENT immediately after work, and no time for a wardrobe change! I come across this dress in my closet and instantly think of how perfect it would be paired with my TYPE OF SHOES, TYPE OF JEWELRY, and ACCESSORY. The SPECIFIC DETAIL of this dress makes it perfect for work when paired with OTHER GARMENT, while its SPECIFIC DETAIL help make dinner and drinks a flirty affair!
Shopping for ‘The One’
This is close to being the dress of my dreams! While its SPECIFIC DETAIL make it perfect for the SEASON, it would also transition perfectly into SEASON with ACCESSORY/OTHER GARMENT. Making this dress absolutely flawless for me would mean altering the SPECIFIC DETAIL and/or SPECIFIC DETAIL. Then, I’d style this piece to perfection by pairing it with TYPE OF SHOES, TYPE OF JEWELRY, and HAIRSTYLE!