What's Your Cat Horror Story?

Ever have a cat silently stalk you as you walk home from school, and then suddenly go wild and hiss and bare its teeth at you when you try to escape through your front door? Or, wake up in the middle of the night because a cat pounced on your face? Or, have a seemingly innocent kitten tunnel into your sleeping bag (how cute!) only to emerge having left a smelly surprise inside?

If you’ve ever met a cat like the terrifying-sounding Burger and Fries, or the adorable, diabolical Party Cat, you’re bound to have a “cat horror story.”

Have you had a close encounter with a cat of the silly or scary kind? You’re not alone! Share your story here so we can all end the week ‘feline’ fine.

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

8 Responses to What's Your Cat Horror Story?

1. Rachel 09/30/2011 at 12:33 pm #

One night my cat crawled onto my sleeping boyfriend beside me, and annoyed, he jerked to get her off and either spooked her so she jumped in the air or launched her at me. Either way, her clawed foot came down on my eye. I felt like I’d been punched and thought I’d get a black eye but ended up only with a decent scratch under my eye.

2. LocalCeleb 09/30/2011 at 1:11 pm #

Not my story but my sisters, apparently her daughter’s cat, which is clearly evil got spooked when she started coughing in the middle of the night, clutched onto her head & scalp like a wild banshee and split her head straight down the middle, she was literally running around screaming like she was on fire.. She had to get 12 stitches.. I don’t know why this story made me cry laughing when she told me but it did..

3. ali from spinner's end 09/30/2011 at 1:12 pm #

11 pm is the witching hour for my kitty nala, who turns 6 months old on sunday. nala is generally a very calm and snuggly cat, more the type to take a nap in your lap than to cause much mayhem. however, every night around 11 her pupils dilate to the size of nickels and she gets super, super hyper. she loves to run across the top of the couch and attack my hair, she jumps from the windowsill to the coffee table to the bookshelf and back in this wacky lap around the living room, and she literally leaps up the walls as if trying to scale them. she also has a habit of running underfoot while you walk around, which has lead to more than one kitty face-plant on my shin. after about a half an hour of behaving like she’s possessed by the devil, she will very elegantly make her way to our couch and sit down with a sly look as if nothing happened. cats are the greatest.

4. Catherine 09/30/2011 at 1:49 pm #

I used to share a house with a roommate and my cat’s litter box was around the corner from my roommate’s bedroom door. When it was time to move out, I went in his room to clean up a little bit and make things easier for him (he was out of town) and I noticed an awful smell. I opened his closet and in the floor was a pile of plastic bags COVERED in cat poo! Apparently this is where she’d been going if her box was a little dirty…for months! How on Earth did he not know????

5. Jennifer 10/01/2011 at 8:20 pm #

I was holding my cat Blackie while I let my dog Arin in the house one day. He’s obviously terrified of dogs, so he freaked out, and decided to launch himself off my lip. I ended up with a HUGE gash in my bottom lip. It was so swollen and I let out an awful scream. It hurt so bad!!

6. Julia 10/02/2011 at 3:53 pm #

I’ve never been around cats much because most of my family is allergic to them. However, I recently spent the night at my friend’s house and she has a cat. When went to sleep, we looked around the room and didn’t see Shaunee so we closed the door thinking the cat was outside. Well, at about 2am I feel something large and furry jump on my face! Not realizing it was just Shaunee I sat up and nearly screamed which freaked out the cat and I ended up with a few too many scratches on my face!

7. Suzanne Amlin 10/02/2011 at 9:50 pm #

My cat is generally good (although I have a few scars from scratches) but my worst horror story happened just recently. He had the runs and went all over the couch and on a few of my new Modcloth items. I was pretty horrified. It all came out in the wash, except for my poor pink belt. It still has poop splotches all over it. I’m still figuring out how to salvage it.

8. Carrie Smith 10/03/2011 at 8:02 am #

My cat horror story involved a mouse, a chair, and a pair of heels. I wrote about it for my blog. The link is: https://yearofthelady.wordpress.com/2010/08/03/a-lady-wears-heels-to-fight-a-mouse/