Pin-up-pretty looks don’t have to be saved for special occasions. In fact, prep time can be kept to a minimum when you take tips from Pittsburgh-based makeup artist Adrienne Pace and hairstylist Lauren Tomarello, the gals responsible for the classic looks of our current Shop Our Outfits collection, Va-Va-Vivacious, featuring the ModStylists.
Here, we’ll show you some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot while Adrienne and Lauren teach you how to bring classic beauty techniques into your everyday, diminishing your odds of looking overdone during daylight hours. Simply pocket these helpful pointers, then style away your A-line frocks or rockabilly polka dots, and you’ll be equipped with the skills you need to flaunt a retro look with perfection anywhere from the office to your first Holiday party of the season.
ModStylist Mandy in a full-of-moxie mood. Shop ModCloth Beauty here.
Adrienne’s Makeup Tips:
- You don’t necessarily need to wear red lipstick! Pinks, corals, and plums work just as well if you’re not as comfortable with bold reds.
- Make sure your eyeliner wings upward instead of remaining straight across. This will create a lifted effect for the eye.
- Keep your eyeshadow light. Your eyeliner can be as bold or black as you like, but avoid dark color on your entire lid.
- Pin-up makeup also involves a well-contoured face, so add a bit of blush and/or highlighter to the tops of your cheekbones for extra definition.
- Lastly, define your brows with a pencil or some brow powder for an authentic retro look.
Lauren’s Hairstyling Tips:
- Pin curls, a high ponytail, or a loose side bun are all super easy ways to create a daytime-appropriate look.
- If you’re feeling fancy, try pinning a pretty flower behind your ear, or top your crown with a fascinator!
- Bold, rolled bangs are another easy one. Use a thick curling iron, and spray into place.
Presents, puppies, and purses. Our Va-Va-Vivacious Shop Our Outfits collection couldn’t get any more awesome.
KEY BEAUTY EQUATION
Bold eyeliner + bright lips + polished curls & a sleek headband = an instant ’50s look you’ll love!
Need additional styling suggestions, trend tips, or dress details? Drop the ModStylists a note at email@example.com, or make a date with one today, and you’ll be well on your way to beauty bliss!