You know what there’s not enough of in this world? Cider. Freshly pressed, farmer’s market, shake-before-pouring apple cider. So, when I saw the location for our current stylebook, A Welcome Retreat, I immediately imagined curling up inside the cherry wood walls with my stitching and a mug of warm, mulled cider. Here’s a simple recipe that’s perfect for these nippy Novembers!
Cozy Up Mulled Cider
- Half gallon of apple cider
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 5-7 cloves
- 3 slices of fresh orange
1. Empty the jug of cider into a large saucepan and heat on medium low. While the cider is warming up, grate your ginger and slice your oranges.
2. Drop all of the ingredients into the pot of cider. Increase the heat to medium and allow the cider to come to a gentle simmer.
3. As the aroma of the cider and all of its toasty spices fills your home, choose your favorite mug from the cabinet.
4. Ladle the warmed cider straight from the pot or strain the cider and put it back into the reusable jug for storage.