Fave Finds: Sarah’s 1960s Peter Max Plates and Bowls

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

Who: Sarah from Tulle and Trinkets

What: Set of 1960s Peter Max plates and bowls

Where: Goodwill in Carmel, Indiana

How Much: $0.99 each

When I Use It: “These fancy plates aren’t for eating! I use one of the bowls on my dresser to hold jewelry. One of the plates hangs on the wall as a decoration — it’s totally unique wall art that adds some 60′s glam to my apartment.”

Shopping Tips: “Don’t discount any secondhand store! It’s really true that one person’s trash is another person’s treasure. Sometimes the best gems are found when you least expect it.”

HEY, BLOG READERS! We know you’re the cleverest vintage hunters around, which is why we want to hear the story of your Fave Find! E-mail favefinds@modcloth.com with a picture of you with your favorite vintage find (a rare record, a perfect pair of boots, or any other treasure), and answer the following: Who, What, Where, How Much, When I Use It, and Shopping Tips!

About Julianne

Julie is a modern day Renaissance woman and die-hard bloody mary enthusiast. When she’s not sprinkling magic fairy dust onto ModCloth’s social media channels, you can find her eclectic point of view on food, fashion, music, and DIY documented here!

7 Responses to Fave Finds: Sarah’s 1960s Peter Max Plates and Bowls

1. eyeblinkfashion 11/15/2011 at 8:41 am #

so neat! I love finding unique items like this. why have everything someone else has? borrrrring!
    <3 Lauren

2. sassystylista 11/15/2011 at 9:05 am #

So exciting to see this here, Sarah is one of my favorite bloggers! She seriously has the best collection of trinkets and great finds.

sassystylista.com

xoxo

3. LocalCeleb 11/15/2011 at 9:09 am #

Love these! very unique and COOL!

4. Laura (ModCloth) 11/15/2011 at 10:00 am #

Definitely too beautiful to eat off of! I’d throw a few tea lights on these with a handful of flat glass marbles for a fun coffee table focal point. :)

5. staciegrissom 11/15/2011 at 10:00 am #

So cool! :D I love those mod plates.

6. Julie C. (ModCloth) 11/15/2011 at 11:42 am #

Loooove those! I have a Peter Max “Love” ashtray that was my parents’. It’s one of my favorite things. Very psychedelic. :)

7. Bonnie Speeg 07/28/2012 at 9:59 pm #

You struck a gold mine Sarah. You never know what might be inside the Thrift Shops. This gorgeous Peter Max set you ran away with was called “Cliff Dwellers”; yours is in the Butterfly pattern. 3 other designs (Clover, Opticon, and the famous “Love”) came in a cool box; 2 plates, bowls and mugs. As a bonus the huge “Love” ashtray was thrown in for free. I bought mine in 1968 and love it. The plates scratch easily, bowls not too much…..