Sleek Silhouettes at Uliana Sergienko Fall 2011

All images via Etoday

Lately, I’d been feeling a lull when searching for intriguing fashion inspiration, that is, until I came across a striking image from the Fall/Winter 2011 line by Russian designer Uliana Sergienko. Her debut collection captures the feelings that I’d been hoping to reference for my winter wardrobe: ultra-feminine, timeless, playful, and cozy.

The gunmetal winter coat pictured below is sleek and elegant, with unexpected detail in the two peaks of the hood for an added feline touch. And the rest of Sargienko’s line is equally as elegant, with subtle hues, a roulette of textures, and the modern styling of classic silhouettes. From the shabby-chic set that each look is pictured on, to the revival of retro hairstyles, Uliana’s winter wardrobe conjures up a world I want to live in. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for what she has in store for Spring.

About Julianne

Julie Since graduating from the "Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too," Julie's aptness for the written word picked up steam like a runaway train. Her journey thus far has been fueled by an adventurous heart, creative mind, and love of breakfast, baking, and bacon. She often makes social situations more awkward than they need to be and loves the word "scrumtrulescent!"

10 Responses to Sleek Silhouettes at Uliana Sergienko Fall 2011

1. Christina 11/22/2011 at 10:46 am #

I wish women still dressed like… so beautiful and timeless. :)

xo,
    Christina

2. Ginger B (@sprinklemefancy) 11/22/2011 at 6:17 pm #

love these soo much. lovely lovely
    sprinklemefancy.com

3. rocknrollbride 11/23/2011 at 1:39 am #

i love everything about this whole collection

4. MB@YarnUiPhoneAppv1.9 11/23/2011 at 6:37 am #

The stylist really locked in the 1940s hair…which is hard to do. I love….I would love to recreate this with my own locks. But the long coats dragging on the floor? Impractical and dangerous.

5. Jarod 11/23/2011 at 8:56 am #

Cool looks, but the photos remind me of the short story “The Yellow Wallpaper.”

6. Eliza 11/23/2011 at 9:46 am #

My fave is the first one. I could just die! So cute! Thaks for brightening my day, Moddies!

7. Hannah (ModCloth) 11/23/2011 at 10:38 am #

Gorgeous! I’m not really feeling the bulky booties with the trim silhouettes, but I love the looks overall, especially the black-coat-on-red-dress combo and 40s-style, sage dress. Also like how the wallpaper coordinates in some strangely pleasing way with the makeup.

8. Lucy 11/24/2011 at 12:23 pm #

This whole collection is utterly beautiful. I’d probably sell my hair just to own a piece of it. Pleeeease any ideas where I can get my hands on any of these pieces????

9. Nikol 11/25/2011 at 6:50 pm #