What We Wished For… and Got!

You wish you may, you wish you might, have this wish you wish tonight!

These ModEmployees were granted the gift of dreams come true, and they’re eager to share their experiences. Coin tosses, or not, these pleased peeps are definitely grateful for their good luck.

Ashley, Social Media Specialist: “I wished for more adventures, and in September, I got to go to Australia! It was my first trip outside of the U.S., and I also came back engaged!”

Seth, Systems Engineer: “I wished I could move to San Francisco, and ModCloth made it happen! San Francisco is an amazing city, and it’s a dream place to live for my wife and I.”

Kate, Executive Assistant: “I wished I could bake a cake like a pro, and thanks to a brand new avocado-hued stand mixer and a little practice, I am perfecting the birthday cake special!”

Megan, User Experience Designer: “I wished for a ModBaby, and he will arrive sometime in the middle of March 2012! This will be our first child, which is both exciting and terrifying!”

Karin, Senior Product Manager: “I wished to end my lifelong curse of straight hair, so I got a perm last month! It may be totally ’80s, but it’s really fun. I’m still figuring out how to style it, but it is anything but boring!”

Joe, Visual & Communications Designer: “I really wanted to get a pet. We came across some cats that a local shelter had up for adoption and that’s where we met Moe, a seven-year-old grey and white kitty. By that night, he was purring contently on our couch! Moe is great with our two year old, and is the perfect addition to our family and home.”

What special wishes of yours have come true this year?

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

, , , , ,

21 Responses to What We Wished For… and Got!

1. Megan (ModCloth) 11/25/2011 at 12:03 pm #

Tear!

2. Meghan O'Dea 11/25/2011 at 12:59 pm #

I wished to get a better job and move out of my parents’ house. This time last year I was working retail at wages that were so low I couldn’t pay my rent on a tiny room in a dingy house shared with three others. In May I got a great job that I love writing for a neat eLearning startup. Around the same time I lucked into a beautiful 1930s condo at a price I can afford to live alone. I feel so blessed to have come so far in a year in such tough times.

• Laura (ModCloth) 11/28/2011 at 3:16 pm #

Congrats, Meghan! It sounds like your hard work has paid off. :)

3. Debby Fries 11/25/2011 at 1:03 pm #

Yay Ashley and Antony. =;-> I hope we see you at Christmas time when Hope, Greg, and the babies are here.

4. Molly K. (ModCloth) 11/25/2011 at 1:40 pm #

So cute! I’m so happy for my fellow Modsters and their realized wishes!

5. Eliza 11/25/2011 at 2:14 pm #

Oh Megan! Congrats! I bet he’ll be so sweet! Have you picked any names yet?

6. Eliza 11/25/2011 at 2:16 pm #

Oops….posted too soon! Congrats to Ashley too! Does he have an accent?? ;) Glad everyone’s wishes came true!

• Ashley (ModCloth) 11/25/2011 at 3:20 pm #

Thanks Eliza! Yes, my fiance is originally from Australia and has a bit of an accent. ;)

7. Amy (ModCloth) 11/25/2011 at 2:52 pm #

Aw, this is so sweet! Love it and congrats to everyone’s wishes coming true!

8. Ashley 11/25/2011 at 3:04 pm #

So enjoyable to read. Congratulations, all.

9. Samantha Rutter 11/25/2011 at 3:48 pm #

Congratulations to everyone, I’m so happy all of your wishes came true! :)

One of my most special wishes this year was to get good grades in my senior year of high school. This may seem like a trivial wish, but during my sophomore year, my grades were so terrible that if they didn’t improve, I would not go to college at all. So my junior year, I worked myself to the bone in order to have the opportunity to even apply, and now in my senior year, I am not only applying, but I am eligible to receive scholarships! I’m still waiting (hopefully) to hear from colleges, but I’m so thankful and happy to even have gotten this far from being not eligible at all to go! :D

• Sarah (ModCloth) 11/25/2011 at 4:07 pm #

Samantha, that is so fantastic. Congratulations! Hard work does indeed pay off, and you should be very proud! Keep it up, and I’m sure there will be very many more successes to come! Thanks so much for sharing your story with us!

• Samantha Rutter 11/25/2011 at 4:11 pm #

Thank you! :) It’s a bit of a long wish, but so far it’s worked out well!

10. Jess 11/25/2011 at 6:53 pm #

I’ve had such a lucky year! When I saw our son’s tiny little face in April, I suddenly realized I’d been wishing for him all my life. In May we got the opportunity of the lifetime to move overseas to the Netherlands, and we get to go back to the states to spend Christmas with friends and family. I couldn’t ask for a better 2011; sometimes one doesn’t know what one has been wishing for until it lands on one’s lap. (Oh, and I wished for a freshly updated wardrobe. ModCloth helped out with that… I can’t wait to pick up my order at a friend’s in the U.S. on Dec 5!)

11. Heather 11/25/2011 at 10:34 pm #

One of my wishes is that I could work with Modcloth… Like a sponsorship or something. I’m currently freelancing and am trying to gain notoriety as a fashion blogger. I think it would be fun picking out a couple fun pieces every month and showing you and my readers how I’d style my Modcloth outfits. Check out the “MY STYLE” page here: http://www.lafashionsnob.com/my-style/ . Thank you for your time!

12. Ellie@fitforthesoul 11/26/2011 at 11:36 am #

ohh I love this!! tres adorable~~ :D This year, I wish and pray for a full time job and also to become a great cook and baker! Teehee. And San Francisco IS such an awesome place!! It’s so fun and just so…different. At least different from OC in Socal.
    ps: I can’t wait to order your products!! All of your dresses are so purrrrty~~~I’m hoping I can find just the right dress for our engagement photoshoot. ;)

13. Morgan Pearson 11/27/2011 at 2:49 pm #

I am a South Korean adoptee, And my wish this year and since I was a little girl is for my birth search I started this September to work out and to locate my birth family. I would honestly do anything to make this wish come true to just know they’re alive and to tell them how much I love them. I only spent the day I was born with my birth mother, But I love her more any other person in this world. They are my real family.

I am doing everything and will do anything I can to find her in time for the holidays. I am so happy to hear all your your wishes coming true, And how hard your all working on them :]

14. Anna 11/27/2011 at 9:45 pm #

I wished that I could be with my boyfriend (who lives over 1,000 miles away from me in school). I’m about to graduate with my AA in Liberal Arts so I put out applications to other universities that have my major and applied to his. I didn’t think I was good enough to get in. However, I’ve been accepted to the same university, so I’ll get to be with him, and get my BA.

15. Victoria / Justice Pirate 11/28/2011 at 7:50 am #

I had always wanted to become an aunt. When my eldest brother first married when I was about 13 years old, I couldn’t wait for him to work on making me an aunt. Eventually they divorced and he has since remarried (but they don’t want to have children). My other brother however got married this year and just had a baby girl. I’m an aunt! To top it off his wife already had a daughter. . so now I am an aunt to two! yey!! My dream came true! I was starting to think it would never happen (my brothers are in their mid to late 30s and I had two kids a few years after I married at 20 and am not even 30, so I was getting a little anxious for a bit about becoming an aunt).

16. Betsy 12/12/2011 at 3:20 pm #

What a super post. So encouraging and inspiring. Love, love it.

• Laura (ModCloth) 12/12/2011 at 3:24 pm #

We’re happy you enjoyed it, Betsy! We hope your wishes in 2012 come true, too!