Outfitting for Ice Skating

Every year, when ice rinks pop up like gophers throughout cities worldwide, I’m struck by a giddy urge to squeeze on some skates and squeeze in a skate before the winter warms away. In anticipation of my impending annual skate, I looped up an outfit complete with cute, cozy clothes and a twirly skirt — or in other words, an ensemble that could make anyone from a pro skater to a Lutz klutz look sweet as hot cocoa.

In this outfitLove Letters EarringsHow Cute Are You? CardiganCable Close Knit HatThrow On and Go ScarfEm-bracelet the LoveTights for Every Occasion in MustardInsider Info Skirt, and Supper in the City Coat

Will you be swinging by a skating rink this season?

About Hannah

"Q: Where do cantaloupes go for the summer? A: John Cougar Mellon Camp!" From that joke you can surmise a few things about Hannah -- she loves a good pun, she delights in irreverence, and red peppers are her vegetable of choice. How does one figure out Hannah loves red peppers from that joke? Hmm, that's top secret. Hannah also adores outdoor activities, arts & crafts, reading, and being abroad.

7 Responses to Outfitting for Ice Skating

1. aline 12/15/2011 at 12:55 pm #

this is so darling.. i am planning on doing some skating before the year is up and i iwll keep this in mind!

2. Chaucee S. 12/15/2011 at 2:35 pm #

Love that coat and hat!

3. Maria from Avenue M 12/16/2011 at 2:42 am #

This outfit is serioulsy perfect for ice-skating. In fact, I can imagine myself in it right now. *Sigh* Gotta love Modcloth!

4. Liz 12/16/2011 at 6:25 am #

I have! But I was so terrified to fall I went much more casually,ha! This is adorable. Maybe I will attempt a little more fashion next time, though I think I’d still go with pants.

5. Becky 12/16/2011 at 5:57 pm #

It is a cute outfit– though I agree that I’d rather go with pants myself, because I’m a klutz! Or if I really wanted a skirt, I’d be doing leggings underneath for sure. A little more coverage for my inevitable falls.

6. Lauren Helen 12/17/2011 at 8:14 pm #

Apparently there’s a huge outdoor skating rink in the middle of my city that I didn’t know about – the boyfriend is INSISTING I go with him… and why would I refuse? :)

7. Jamie 12/19/2011 at 9:56 pm #