What Do You Want to See from Us in 2012?

We may or may not have posed for these photos so we could appear thoughtful and writerly for this blog post. Your Blog Team, from left to right: Erin, Jenn, Laura, and Julie.

Happy new year, dear readers! We hope you’re feeling rested, refreshed, and oh-so-excited about 2012, because our blog team has got a lot in store for you!

Our little team has been out and about for the last few weeks, embarking on field trips and interviews, acting as guinea pigs for makeup tutorials for our new beauty features section, brainstorming never-before-seen stories for our platforms, and just getting pumped up to learn about you.

Here’s a peek at what we’ve been up to for the Blog, Tumblr, and Instagram…

So, stay tuned, and let us know if there’s anything you’d like to see from us, or have general feedback as we rev up our 2012 plans! Do you want more tutorials? More street style? Is there coverage you’d like to see more of on our Blog, Tumblr, or Instagram? Just wanna chat about Parks & Recreation?

Let us know! We’ll be watching the comments.

Love,
Jenn, Erin, Laura, and Julie

About Jenn

Jenn's first career aspiration was to be a dinosaur. After her kindergarten teacher informed her that couldn't happen, she decided she would be the next best thing: a writer. Aside from writing, Jenn loves chambray shirts, all cacti, and good typography.

39 Responses to What Do You Want to See from Us in 2012?

1. Tracy 01/03/2012 at 9:51 am #

I would like to see more maternity wear. In 2012 I’ll be big and pregnant and I have many events I plan on going to so I would love a cute outfit from here.

• Jenn (ModCloth) 01/03/2012 at 10:44 am #

Thanks for the feedback, and congratulations, Tracy! We’re jotting this down, and also recommend our ModStylists if you ever want speedy style advice or inspiration. They are awesome!

• Eliza 01/04/2012 at 12:36 pm #

Congrats Tracy!

2. Jessa Belle 01/03/2012 at 10:10 am #

I love the DIY’s and the Blogger’s of the Moment! I hope to, one day, make that list! =D Oh and the name the dress posts were so much fun!

• Jenn (ModCloth) 01/03/2012 at 11:00 am #

Aw, yay! That’s great to hear, as one of our New Year’s resolutions has been to grow and diversify our DIY skillz and content. Also glad that you’re digging Blogger of the Moment and Name It and Win It. Thanks for sharing, Jessa Belle!

3. Caryl 01/03/2012 at 10:30 am #

The occasional article on Southern Hemisphere, ie. opposite season to the Northern Hemisphere style would be nice :)

• Jenn (ModCloth) 01/03/2012 at 11:06 am #

This is super helpful feedback, Caryl — thank you! We’re definitely going to keep this in mind as we brainstorm content for the coming weeks, and the rest of the year. In fact, I think I already have some post ideas in mind! : )

4. carrie 01/03/2012 at 10:44 am #

i’d love to see some recipes that aren’t baked goods.

• Laura (ModCloth) 01/03/2012 at 12:00 pm #

Savory, perhaps? Are there any other foodie niches you love like vegan or meat-rich? :)

5. Sarah 01/03/2012 at 10:48 am #

I love when you feature bloggers! It’s so fun to see stylish ladies featured ;) I also love the DIY’s <3 Keep it up!

<3 Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

• Laura (ModCloth) 01/03/2012 at 12:04 pm #

Thanks, Sarah! We’ll let our resident blogger outreach gal, Turi, know you dig our Blogger of the Moment posts, and you can stay tuned for more guest posts by some of our favorites out there. DIYs? You got it!

6. C.S. 01/03/2012 at 11:04 am #

I have liked the whole blogger thing in the past, but lots of companies are pairing up with bloggers these days and honestly it’s getting kind of old and worn out. Also, when one is able to realize the marketing ploy it kind of becomes unmarketable. So I would like to see some new and fresh ways on this blog to bring the customer and the company (modcloth) together instead of just teaming up with bloggers. Isn’t modcloth about being unique anyways? Create something new! : )

• Laura (ModCloth) 01/03/2012 at 12:22 pm #

Hi, C.S.! Thanks so much for the thoughtful commentary. Seriously, it shows that you’re very knowledgeable of brands and how they’re embracing the expertise of creatives. I think you’ll be pleased with some of the collaborations we’re working on for 2012 – many of which will include our customers and their special talents, so definitely stay tuned for that. As far as working with bloggers goes, those are great points. Again, thank you for speaking up! To the drawing board we go!

7. Lisandra 01/03/2012 at 11:29 am #

I really enjoyed the name it to win it contests (although I didn’t participate since I heard about it too late) so I’d love to see more contests! Different types, doesn’t necessarily need to be another name it to win it. Maybe a style contest where readers submit photos of some of their modcloth purchases of at least one item that showcases how they’ve styled it. Another thing I’d be interested in seeing is (and perhaps the modstylists already do this) if readers submit an inspiration board perhaps with pieces from modcloth or just things that inspire them and you guys dress up to showcase each style board. And perhaps the modstylists do this already, but it would be a fun way to get some dialogue on things that work or don’t work? Seeing inspiration boards are always fun! Also, I would like to see more DIY tutorials on a variety of subjects especially on creating some home-made accessories or taking something old and changing it to make it new! Out with the old and in with the new! I’m sure that there are plenty of us out there who have items in their closets that they rarely wear but would wear again if they had a different spin! Create your own vintage item from something you already own! :)

• Jenn (ModCloth) 01/03/2012 at 12:18 pm #

So many great ideas in here — thanks, Lisandra! Definitely going to chat about this with a couple other teams. Love your inspiration-to-outfit concept, as well as your contests and DIY feedback. Ooh, now we’re really excited for you to see our upcoming DIYs — we have a couple coming up that are all about reinventing vintage pieces.

8. Lucie 01/03/2012 at 12:50 pm #

And some international fashion posts : ) ? As a french reader, I think it would be fun to see photos taken everywhere in the world with modclothes item …

• Jenn (ModCloth) 01/03/2012 at 1:49 pm #

Putting this in our notes. Thank you, Lucie! Do you have any favorite international fashion sites to recommend?

In the meantime, if you haven’t already, do check out our Travel Bug series for some international style inspiration (and awesome tours).

9. moi 01/03/2012 at 12:51 pm #

I’d love to see more “fave finds” and beauty tutorials! Oh and of course more “Travel Bug”!!!

10. Taylor M. 01/03/2012 at 5:03 pm #

I’ve noticed that the way you tie and display a lot of your scarves are so unique and nicely done. I would love to learn how you knot some of the scarves in your merchandise photos.

11. Lucie 01/04/2012 at 2:54 am #

Hi again ! I have two french fashion blogs that I love : http://www.misspandora.fr/ ( with very dramatic looks) and http://www.thecherryblossomgirl.com/ (with a lot of fashion, beauty, travel…)

I forgot to write that I love the cooking posts ! (If you need typical french receipes … ;) )

• Jenn (ModCloth) 01/04/2012 at 9:52 am #

Oh, yes! Please do send recipes — we love trying out new things. You can e-mail us at blog@modcloth.com, which goes to the four of us on the Blog Team. Thank you, Lucie!

12. Rita 01/04/2012 at 6:17 am #

I think I have never enough of shoes…so ModCloth,pl,add shoes!

I would like measures expressed in centimeters too, if it is possible…just better to get for who is from south Europe as me :)

I take this occasion to say I’m so happy to have found this fabolous website!!!!
    Great items!

Thank you ,ModCloth, and happy New Year from Italy!!!!!

• Jenn (ModCloth) 01/04/2012 at 3:32 pm #

Thank you for your kind words, Rita! Will pass on your suggestion about centimeters to the appropriate teams.

13. Eliza 01/04/2012 at 12:33 pm #

I would love to see more Page Turners. Also, is it possible if you could find more vintage books? I am totally a vintage book buff, and whenever I go on the vintage page, I’m always hoping to find them. Also, could you post more posts about The Best Job Ever? I loved the one about Emily Henderson.

Love what you guys are doing?

14. Eliza 01/04/2012 at 12:33 pm #

Oops. I mean; Love what you guys are doing!

• Jenn (ModCloth) 01/04/2012 at 3:30 pm #

Aw, shucks. Thank you, Eliza! We’ll pass on your vintage book request to the other teams. Glad to hear that you like Page Turners and Best Job Ever — are there any fields or careers you’re particularly interested in learning about?

15. Lee 01/05/2012 at 4:25 am #

Some of my favorite finds have come from these blog posts—DIY, food, etc. I would love to see more Page Turners posts, or anything literature/novel/fiction/book related, really.

Looking forward to everything you’ve got lined up for 2012!

• Laura (ModCloth) 01/06/2012 at 2:20 pm #

Hey, Lee!

It’s as if you’re speaking to our inner most desires. Over here at MC, we’re all a bunch of book nerds who like to eat things we make ourselves (if you haven’t noticed, already), so your words are sweet music to our ears. We’ll keep the Now You’re Cookin’, DIY, and Page Turner posts rollin’, and if you have any suggestions for our Book of the Month picks, feel free to email us at blog@modcloth.com. Check out The Written Wardrobe, too! http://www.modcloth.com/the-written-wardrobe

16. Eliza 01/05/2012 at 11:22 am #

Yeah, Jenn! I love graphic designers. They seem so….quirky! (In a faboo way) Also, I’d totally go for people who do stuff in science or technology. (I’m a self-professed nerd!) Lastly, fashion designers are my faves.

Thanks for replying….whenever you Moddies reply I get super excited!

• Jenn (ModCloth) 01/06/2012 at 1:36 pm #

Well, we get excited when we see comments and replies from you guys, so the feeling’s mutual!

I’ll make a note of your Best Job Ever recommendations. We’ve got a whole year ahead of us, so I’m sure we can hit at least one of ‘em.

17. Lisa 01/06/2012 at 8:58 am #

Something else I’d like to see, is more features on the people who currently work there at modcloth. “Life at Modcloth”. I think that says a lot about a company–even if it’s just pictures. Would love to see the kinds of things people wear to work there or “a day in the life of a modcloth employee or pet(not sure if you guys allow pets there??)”. From how they choose their outfits to how they get to work to their daily routines or lack of if they have none. etc! Maybe the employees could submit a little “photo” journal and you guys can fill in the blanks? I bet it would be a lot of fun to do, write and read about!

• Lisandra 01/06/2012 at 9:00 am #

whoops, i meant to put my whole name on that entry but instead i put “Lisa”

• Jenn (ModCloth) 01/06/2012 at 1:21 pm #

Thanks again for commenting, Lisandra! I recommend checking out our Behind the Scenes section and our Instagram (@ModCloth) for all those things you mentioned. Instagram is full of those of-the-moment snaps. We’ll keep your “Day in the Life of a ModEmployee” idea in mind, though!

And yes, we’re a dog-friendly workplace and have a regular “Meet the ModDog” feature in the Behind the Scenes section. :)

18. Sydney 01/06/2012 at 11:27 pm #

Please please PLEASE more home decor!!!!!! I can’t justify spending tons of money on clothing for myself, but goods for the home my husband and I share–absolutely!

• Laura (ModCloth) 01/09/2012 at 5:51 pm #

Hey, Sydney! As a self-proclaimed home-decorating junkie, I’m thrilled to hear that – really, you’ve just justified the pitching of dozens of decor-based posts! I know that every time I create or purchase something new for my place, I feel like it’s an investment in my own environment, and what’s more important than that? Cough – shoes. Just kidding. Thank you so much for the feedback! More decor posts to come, for sure. Visit us again, soon!

19. madeline 01/09/2012 at 7:29 pm #

I think it would be awesome if Modcloth could have capsule stores set up so that certain items can be tried on and you can visually see and feel the fun and whimsiful fabrics. On the other hand, It would also be cool if there was Modcloth makeover buses and just ways to get people all over the US involved more! And also more things under $40-50 in terms of dresses (Trollied Dolly are my favorite) would be awesome for the not a lot of money high school or college kid.

• madeline 01/09/2012 at 7:34 pm #

Also it would be awesome to see contests where modcloth items are styled in different ways or simply blog posts/forums that show this!