Wear It’s At: Portland Band Blouse

Post-holiday season is a glorious time of the year. You remember all of the things you used to do when you had free time, such as relax and discover new music. In my recent search for undiscovered sounds, I happened across Blouse, a Portland-based band whose alternative dream-pop music — made in a warehouse — is just what I was looking for to ease into the pace of a new year. Just listening to their single, “Videotapes,” will have you imagining that warm days of spring are right around the corner.

With sounds similar to Beach House and the Cocteau Twins, if you find yourself stuck on the ethereal-electronic vibe of “Videotapes,” stream their self-titled debut album on SoundCloud. With no one song out of place from start to finish, it’s easy to understand why their recently released LP has already sparked high reviews from the listening community.

Psst… Live music lovers, take note: They’re currently on tour! Do you have any shows lined up for the new year?

About Julianne

Julie Since graduating from the "Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too," Julie's aptness for the written word picked up steam like a runaway train. Her journey thus far has been fueled by an adventurous heart, creative mind, and love of breakfast, baking, and bacon. She often makes social situations more awkward than they need to be and loves the word "scrumtrulescent!"

6 Responses to Wear It’s At: Portland Band Blouse

1. Kristin 01/10/2012 at 1:49 pm #

Blouse is great! They are also playing on 1/19 in SF with Soft Moon!

• Julianne (ModCloth) 01/10/2012 at 3:05 pm #

I want to go see them! But haven’t really listened to Soft Moon. Would you rec them as well?

• Jenn (ModCloth) 01/10/2012 at 4:12 pm #

I’m going to jump in and say that I totally recommend Soft Moon! Their sound is a bit darker (think: whispery vocals that hiss in and out, set over a moody, hard-hitting bass line), but really good stuff.

2. Kristin 01/10/2012 at 5:16 pm #

Goooo! I’ll be there!

3. Tracy @ The Wardrobe Wanderer 01/11/2012 at 8:13 am #

Sounds interesting! Anything from Portland or about Portland perks my ears up – I love it there and have dreamed of moving there for a long time :)

4. caitlin 01/14/2012 at 11:53 am #

i went to the show in portland! AMAZING! and you should’ve seen this floor length fringe crop top she had on…i can’t stop thinking about it!