Style Icon: 30 Rock’s Liz Lemon

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

Image via IMDB.

As someone who leads a team of writers and enjoys more than her fair share of night cheese, I can’t help but relate to 30 Rock‘s Liz Lemon once in a while. Anyone who’s a fan of 30 Rock can tell you how endearing Tina Fey is in her perfect portrayal of the constantly stressed out head writer of TGS with Tracy Jordan, but what’s often overlooked while she’s dealing with Tracy’s temper tantrums and butting heads with Jack, Vice President of Kabletown, is Liz’s signature style.

30 Rock Liz Lemon fashion
Liz’s signature staple: the button-down top. Top left, top right, and bottom images via IMDB.

Sure, you may not think of LL as a fashion icon, but you cannot deny that the witty and savvy Lemon indeed owns her style with confidence. As any fashionista knows, style is all about attitude, and no matter if she’s donning a TGS hoodie, one button blazer, or Slanket, Lemon’s personality shines as she’s never afraid to take on a challenge or back down from her beliefs.

30 Rock Liz Lemon fashion
Image via IMDB.

30 Rock Liz Lemon fashion
Image via IMDB.

But what’s perhaps best about Liz Lemon’s character is that she inspires those of us who felt majorly awkward and nerdy once upon a time (and maybe even still do). We, too, can turn into savvy, sensational women who can run a writer’s room and own an apartment on Riverside Drive — even if it means dealing with EGOT-obsessed actors and microwave programming.

Image via IMDB.

Will you be watching 30 Rock’s return to TV tomorrow night? Who’s your favorite fashionable star on the small screen today?

sarah

, , , , ,

8 Responses to Style Icon: 30 Rock’s Liz Lemon

1. Christina 01/11/2012 at 2:32 pm #

Thank you so much for writing this post. I could not agree more. I love Liz Lemon and yes I will be tuning into 30 Rock tomorrow. Without a doubt!

2. Karalyn Factor 01/11/2012 at 3:46 pm #

Liz Lemon is definitely me in 10 years. I love her and her laid back style.

3. Megan (ModCloth) 01/11/2012 at 3:58 pm #

I would literally go bananas if the ModCloth Blog could get Tina Fey or even better Tina Fey as Liz Lemon to do Best Job Ever! The warring forces of admiration & jelousy might make me simultaneously combust!

4. Sunny 01/11/2012 at 4:24 pm #

It would be awesome to see Tina Fey as Liz Lemon on the ModCloth Blog. She is hilarious in that role! Her way of dress is super comfortable for work. Now if we could see her in one of ModCloth’s dresses…awesome sauce.

5. Lindsey 01/11/2012 at 7:38 pm #

LOVE Lemon! She totally has her own style. I thought of her when I bought my latest cardigan at Target:)

6. Rose 01/11/2012 at 9:47 pm #

What about Jess from New Girl? Zooey has such amazing style, and pulls it off on her show as well. Also, Zooey’s sister Emily, aka Bones, has awesome style. They’re very different styles, at least on screen, but I love them both!!

7. Charlotte 01/12/2012 at 8:57 am #

I love Penny in Big Bang Theory – I think mostly because I wish it was warm enough in England to wear those styles!

8. RBuccicone 01/12/2012 at 9:26 am #

Another thing I always appreciated about Liz Lemon is her hair and makeup. It’s totally casual and obviously doesn’t require a lot of work despite the fact that Tina Fey can be really pretty when she wants to be, as evidenced by the few times they’ve dressed her up.
    I’m digging Christina Applegate’s style on “Up All Night.” She’s totally stylin’ in her work wear but looks great in sweats when she gets home.