Pull Out Your Pens and Surprise Your Friends!

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

The digital age may have diminished our need for scribing by hand on a daily basis, but that shouldn’t discourage us from revisiting the now-nostalgic pastime of crafting handwritten works!

In the spirit of National Handwriting Day, we’ve invited Apartment Buyers Marne and Emily to pick their favorite notepad and paper items, so you can cop some sweet stationary to use next time you want to wow your pals – or just yourself – with personalized penning.

Marne and Emily ogle over the You Are Super Stationary Set, Comeback Notepad, and Thanks a Town Stationary Set for their wee details and witty charm.

Sure, you can type messages or memos on your laptop, but will their recipients be able to see the upward slopes of your ‘e’s, the loops of your ‘p’s, or the exaggerated way you dot your Is with semi-scribbled cyclones? We think not.

Even Doogie would ditch his digital diary for a chance to pen in the Write to Left Journal, and let’s be real– the Botani-call or Write Stationary Set is just plain precious.

What quirks make your handwriting something special to celebrate?

Laura Vrcek

, , , , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to Pull Out Your Pens and Surprise Your Friends!

1. Katie 01/23/2012 at 7:16 am #

My new Years Resolution was actually to write two handwritten letters or notes a month to those I don’t keep in touch with as much. I have always been a huge proponent of handwritten thank you notes, and I wanted to get back into actual letter writing, (Even though my handwriting is atrocious. Really, like I cannot read it back to you most of the time…) My next big project? I bought some pink and red stationary that was on sale….valentines await!

2. Lauren Helen 01/23/2012 at 7:49 am #

I love the stuff that the Knock Knock brand makes – like that comeback notepad! They’re always so cute!

3. Christina 01/23/2012 at 8:48 am #

What a great holiday. I think it’s also national pie day. :)

Check out some tasty soups I had over the weekend!

Christina

4. tulleandtrinkets 01/23/2012 at 9:26 am #

My mom includes a handwritten letter in every birthday card she sends (she also keeps a file of birthdays and sends cards to everyone) — I really need to get into this habit too!
    Sarah
    http://tulleandtrinkets.com/ (I wore Modcloth this weekend :)

5. Aly 01/23/2012 at 9:27 am #

I love the You Are Super Notecards, so ADORABLE!

6. Corrie Kartchner 01/23/2012 at 11:32 am #

They are very cute, but my hand-writing kinda sucks, not gonna lie.

7. Beth 01/23/2012 at 9:08 pm #

Great picks! I love handwriting. I used to make up my own alphabets when I was a kid, just to be different from the way we had to form our letters at school. One thing I kept was my a’s; they look like these types a’s. with the little hat – a.
    And I use circles to dot my lowercase i’s. My favorite handwriting is my mother’s — very poetic looking with wings and tail, and my mother-in-laws writing looks so neat and perfect. Hey! I had a family member whose handwriting was so beautiful that she was commissioned to write hand-written personal letters for GWBush, Senior while he was president. Cool, huh?

• Laura (ModCloth) 01/24/2012 at 10:38 am #

Beth! That’s pretty unbelievable! How cool!

I actually got in trouble with my 4th grade teacher for dotting my ‘I’s with hearts. Why isn’t there a key for that on our laptops?

8. Marne (ModCloth) 01/24/2012 at 10:40 am #

So happy to hear that some of you are stoked on handwritten letters!
    I am constantly changing my handwriting when I get jealous of how someone else writes a capital “K” or lower-case “a”. :) My handwriting has evolved so much over the years, so there is hope if you don’t like your handwriting now! Keep practicing by writing your friends and family. <3