Bloggers Rock Retro Frocks by Eva Franco

We were so smitten by these four Eva Franco dresses—which were voted into production via our Be the Buyer program—that we sent samples to bloggers to see how they’d accessorize these sassy styles.

Tieka of Selective Potential looks wonderful in the What a Debut Dress, which she offset with a vibrant orange cardi, while Elizabeth of Delightfully Tacky wears the Frames and Fortune Dress, complete with a pretty scarf and haute hat.

Elsie of A Beautiful Mess is fetching in the avian-adorned Swan in a Million Years Dress, which she styled with a fuchsia sweater. And, last but not least, we were mesmerized by the Movie Moment Dress, which Katie of Skunkboy Creatures donned with an adorbs heart headband and neutral heels.

Which style are you falling for? How would you wear it?

About Turi

Turi likes trying exotic food, exploring new places and, of course, writing. When she's not writing for ModCloth, she's working on a novel (aren't we all?!) and finishing up her MFA in fiction writing at the University of Pittsburgh.

24 Responses to Bloggers Rock Retro Frocks by Eva Franco

1. Christina 02/17/2012 at 10:06 am #

I love Eva Franco! Love her vintage vibes! Timelessly beautiful. :)

Speaking of classics, I just made Gingered Creme Brulee. Come see!

Christina

2. Tessa 02/17/2012 at 10:55 am #

I am so in love with the swan dress!!

3. kathleen 02/17/2012 at 11:57 am #

the what a debut dress and the swan dress were both worn by Lea Michele on Glee this week! I immediately and “oooh modcloth!”

4. kathleen 02/17/2012 at 11:57 am #

the what a debut dress and the swan dress were both worn by Lea Michele on Glee this week! I immediately said “oooh modcloth!”

• kathleen 02/17/2012 at 11:59 am #

the movie moment not swan dress, oops!

• tiera 02/22/2012 at 12:37 pm #

thats soo true

• Hikari 02/27/2012 at 8:55 pm #

You’re right! I thought I’d seen the What a Debut dress on Glee recently! And Lea Michele wore the Movie Moment dress in the recent Valentine’s Day episode! And I was like,”I love that dress!” They should post more Glee fashions on here cause I love some of the styles on there. I’d prolly be too poor to afford them though. :o( Usually I just come on Modcloth to drool or get ideas.

But also,yay! A fellow gleek! :o)

5. Karyn Aberts 02/17/2012 at 2:25 pm #

I love the last dress – movie moment! Possibly change the belt to a wide black patent with – high heels, possibly t-strap.

6. Jdai 02/17/2012 at 2:49 pm #

Does ModCloth only give dresses to the same rotation of bloggers? While these ladies are all super pretty, stylish and have flourished blogs, it would be nice to see some other ladies that have just as entertaining blogs receive courtesy dresses that they otherwise couldn’t afford. Just a thought..

7. Kate Z. (ModCloth) 02/17/2012 at 3:00 pm #

I adore these dresses – can’t figure out which one I want more! And I love how they’ve been styled – particularly how Elizabeth accessorized the Frames and Fortune Dress!

8. Laura 02/17/2012 at 3:32 pm #

My jaw dropped when I saw Elizabeth in that dress. What a sharp look! I love all the dresses, but I think that one’s my favorite :)

9. Tieka, Selective Potential 02/17/2012 at 4:47 pm #

Yay! Thank you for including me in this feature – so exciting to be featured with three other beautiful bloggers! xo

10. anonymous 02/17/2012 at 7:25 pm #

Not to be a total jerk here, but when is Modcloth going to expand and give other bloggers a chance? I am sick of seeing the same few people in constant rotation.

11. Heather 02/17/2012 at 8:19 pm #

I love the Frames and Fortune Dress! These ladies are lovely! Don’t get me wrong, but hey Modcloth, can we get some OTHER bloggers on here for a change? These girls are practically celebrities; let’s try promoting some other talented blogging ladies for a change…
    xo Heather

• Lauren 02/20/2012 at 8:16 am #

AGREED!

12. Maria @ Cheeky Pink Tulip 02/18/2012 at 3:38 am #

So so pretty! I know want summer to arrive pronto so we can get these beauties out!

Maria xx

13. vduracinsky 02/18/2012 at 9:15 am #

They’re all beautiful :) Really!

Val

14. Nataya 02/18/2012 at 9:42 am #

I like the swan print and glasses print, so memorable

15. Juliette Gold 02/19/2012 at 2:16 am #

I just love the Frames and Fortune Dress! So quirky and cute!

16. Shannonhearts 02/19/2012 at 10:30 pm #

All the girls look so, so pretty. I love the red and white dress in the last picture. So feminine and sweet.

17. jampbp 02/20/2012 at 8:58 am #

I absolutely LOVE all four of these dresses with the first two being my favorites. I would likely style the Frames and Fortune dress with a wide black belt and a bright pump and the what a debut dress with my signature pearls and neutral mary jane heels. I’m going to have to save up though, I wish they weren’t so expensive :-(

18. Stephani 02/20/2012 at 2:49 pm #

What LOVELY dresses…. Too bad they aren’t reasonably priced. The average person cannot afford these… which is a shame. :(

19. dean 02/20/2012 at 3:23 pm #

i love the red and white dress and the white and black poka dot dress

20. melisscious 02/22/2012 at 10:57 am #