Why We Love LA-based Indie Pop Band Sweater Girls

Image via Sweater Girls

One of the coolest things about writing for ModCloth is being approached by fellow creatives looking to connect. In fact, just last week the blog team received an email from Diana Meehan of the LA-based indie pop band Sweater Girls, and boy, did we fall head-over-heels for both their style and sound!

Okay, okay, so they’re not all girls despite their way-cute name, but we won’t hold that against them. They just recorded a cover song for the Pop! For Kids Blog Project, which you can listen to below. Trust us, this jam will invite listeners of all ages–male or female–to tap their toes!

Keep an ear out for their debut LP set to release in May, and let us know what you’ve been listening to lately by commenting below. Who knows — you just may get a reply from one of the band members!

Laura Vrcek

About Laura

With a passion for events, interviews, and her pet aloe plants, Laura strives to live in a world where writing poetry evokes celebrity status. When she's not planning her apartment's next face-lift, she's either befriending strangers or admiring maps. She has an MFA in Creative Writing, is a member of ModCloth's Charitable Giving Committee, and is an avid appreciator of funky hairstyles and too-hot sauces.

, , , , , , ,

13 Responses to Why We Love LA-based Indie Pop Band Sweater Girls

1. Jackie Hundza (Sweater Girls) 02/23/2012 at 10:34 am #

The feeling is mutual Modcloth! Your site is basically the only place (outside of ebay) I buy my clothes. Thanks so much for the kind words!!!!

2. Jackie Hundza (Sweater Girls) 02/23/2012 at 10:45 am #

I will also add that I am going to a wedding today and am wearing one of my fave Modcloth tops!

3. Colleen 02/23/2012 at 12:59 pm #

Love Sweater Girls! So glad to see them featured here!

4. Susanna 02/23/2012 at 4:07 pm #

I love Modcloth and I love Sweater Girls. Wow, you could have a cool fashion show with Sweater Girl Music. That would be perfect!!!

• Laura (ModCloth) 03/02/2012 at 11:16 am #

I love how you think, Susanna!

5. Diana Meehan (Sweater Girls) 02/23/2012 at 9:24 pm #

Susanna–now that would be fun!!

6. Julia 02/23/2012 at 11:40 pm #

This is the first time I have ever heard of Sweater Girls! Its great! I googled it to here more. If and when you guys go on tour, you should try and schedule a Las Vegas show, we are really lacking in good indie music and good shows. I love that ModCloth features bands here not only does it help the band gather a following, but it also helps us discover new music which is one of my favorite things!

• Diana Meehan (Sweater Girls) 02/24/2012 at 1:24 pm #

Hey Julia–we should definitely do a Las Vegas show! We’ll have a lot more show dates when the album comes out. Oddly enough, I’ve never been to Vegas. Thanks!!

7. Christine 02/24/2012 at 5:02 am #

great song! Thanks for featuring this band :)

8. Brittany Ketterman 02/25/2012 at 1:42 pm #

Love this sound, so excited to have seen this post! You guys are awesome (that goes for everyone here!)!

9. Sheetal Sabharwal 02/26/2012 at 11:54 am #

Love the music ! Keep it up Sweater Girls and Modcloth!

• Laura (ModCloth) 03/02/2012 at 12:25 pm #

Thanks, Sheetal! All of your support is really sort of magical for us ModPeeps – seriously! I’m sure you’re giving the Sweater Girls goosebumps, too!

10. Maya Rupard 02/27/2012 at 8:33 pm #

Jonathan Richman! <3<3<3 I am so surprised that other people know this song exists. Like it just made my day.