One Fancy Frock, Three Ways

With awards season upon us, have you been dreaming up ways to style all of those red carpet looks? Today, I thought I would try my hand at styling one party-ready dress three ways.

Whether you’re celebrating the Winston Awards, hosting an Oscar party, or simply seeking a fancy frock, the Gold Evening, Miss Dress by ModCloth favorite Max and Cleo provides all the glitz and glamour you’ll need for a memorable evening out!

First, Office Manager Laura plays up her punky side in the Gold Evening, Miss Dress, Va Va Voluminous Petticoat in Pink, Shift into Gear Jacket, Brilliant A-Ray Necklace, and the Spiced Cider Bootie in Black. A bright petticoat is the perfect way to create a dramatic silhouette while adding an eye-catching pop of color.

Product Launch Coordinator Sara shows she’s a pattern-mixing master in the Gold Evening, Miss Dress, Feline Groovy Coat, Shades of Romance Handbag, When We Kiss Ring, Jukebox Tights in the Pony, Letterpress Heel, and the Newsworthy Style Necklace.

If you’re shy about mashing up patterns, a leopard-print coat is the perfect way to go. Paired with polka-dotted tights and a neutral clutch, this look is daring while still being wearable.

Fashion Press Specialist Aire pays homage to old Hollywood in the Gold Evening, Miss Dress, With a Little Luxe Wrap, Fab-fetti Heel, Couture Consultant Handbag, Diamonds and Pearls Gloves, and the Half it All Bracelet. This look is all about putting a modern twist on the classics. The faux fur wrap keeps shoulders warm, while a sequined pump replaces the expected black heel.

How would you wear this versatile dress?

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

About Julie O.

A lover of all things vintage and vintage-inspired, Julie bought her first 1950s frock in the fifth grade. Since then, Julie has become a self-described connoisseur of vintage and thrift shopping, which she shares on her blog, Orchid Grey. When she’s not scouring the racks for the perfect vintage skirt, this native New Englander can be found deftly navigating the slopes of a ski mountain, taking road-trips to the beach, and exploring new places with a vintage camera in her hand.

11 Responses to One Fancy Frock, Three Ways

1. Joanna 02/24/2012 at 12:17 pm #

I would start with the Gold Evening, Miss Dress of course! Pair it with the Fashion Royalty Heel, the VIP Guest List Jacket on top! Then the Bold Beauty Earrings for a little yellow flair and the United Statement Shoulder Bag to tie everything in and have a pop of pizzaz!

2. Christen (ModCloth) 02/24/2012 at 1:36 pm #

You ladies look sooo stunning (as always)! Lovely outfits, Julie!

3. Amy (ModCloth) 02/24/2012 at 2:16 pm #

I love all the looks! But the shrug and bag with Aire’s look fabulous!

4. Al 02/24/2012 at 2:46 pm #

I love the first one! The fluffy petticoat and leather jacket really make it!

5. aline 02/24/2012 at 3:05 pm #

all 3 ways look great! loving the addition of the petticoat!

6. Eliza 02/24/2012 at 3:23 pm #

OMG! I would so rock this dress with the Trip to the Tropics heel (love the tangerine), the One for V Tights, the Next of Pumpkin Coat, At Your Fingertips Nail Stickers in Arrow, Lightning, Camera, Action Earrings, Land That I Love Necklace in California, and the Sir it Up Ring.

Love the dress when paired with the petticoat and edgy jacket and shoes, it’s a perfect mixture of fem and biker. xoxoxo

Check out my latest post on my blog:

7. Christen, Two Happy Hearts 02/24/2012 at 3:51 pm #

All of these outfits are so beautiful!
    I especially love it with the “Newsworthy Style Necklace”

8. Carol G 02/24/2012 at 8:38 pm #

You all look beautiful and wear it well!!!

9. shannon 02/24/2012 at 8:43 pm #

Love all 3 ways the girls styled that adorable dress! Love it.

10. Olivia 02/27/2012 at 6:44 am #

The petticoat makes me smile! Great job, ladies!

11. TIsha Loves Lauren Conrad Style 02/27/2012 at 1:51 pm #

I never thought about a dress being styled so differently but they all work! I love the pink tool under the first dress and it’s something I would totally sport! You all look fab =)