Are you the kind of person that has a knack for always saying the right thing at the right time? Well, now your well-thought-out words can win you a $50 gift certificate in our first-ever game of The Letter, the Better on Be the Buyer!
Starting at 9 a.m. PST, you’ll see a Be the Buyer sample that’s been decorated with our cool contest logo. At that time, and at every three-hour interval through 9 p.m. PST, we’ll post a new letter of the alphabet in the sample’s comments, along with six categories. Your task is to come up with words that start with the given letter and fit the categories, then post them as a comment for that sample.
This is a game of originality, so be sure to submit words that you think no one else will enter (all submissions will be hidden to keep things fair). The person who racks up the most points in each round will be declared the winner!
How do you earn points? Well, here’s the rundown:
- Answers that duplicate another person’s submissions receive zero points.
- Unique answers will score 2 points.
- Unique answers that also use alliteration (example: “Blue blouses”) score 2 points, plus 1 point per additional word using that letter.
Also, before you begin, be sure to read these deets:
- You must have a ModCloth account to participate.
- You may submit only one set of answers per round.
- The first round starts at 9 a.m. PST
- The second round starts at 12 p.m. PST
- The third round starts at 3 p.m. PST
- The fourth and final round starts at 6 p.m. PST
- Winners will be announced via a blog post on Friday, 3/2.
Now, put on your most stylish thinking cap, and whip up some wonderful words. Good luck!