Touring New York City with Flashes of Style

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

Don’t put away your winter boots and parkas away just yet, dear readers. For this edition of Travel Bug, we’ll be shooting through the city that needs no introduction — New York City. After hearing that Bonnie of Flashes of Style just moved into town, we thought we’d see how she was settling into her new hometown, and what’s made her favorites list so far.

Our tour guide, Bonnie, sports the Ready and Stable Dress, Auburn Brightly Coat, and Boxcar Bag.

1. Cafe Select. “As an avid brunch goer, one of the first places I sought out when moving to Manhattan was a spot where I could relax on the weekends with mimosas and pancakes. Cafe Select, located in the heart of SoHo, had exactly what I was looking for! The endless bread and jam totally lured me in, and boy, am I glad it did. I’ll be spending many more weekends at this adorable little cafe.”

2. Bleecker Bob’s. “At Bob’s, the collection of records, posters, and CDs is practically endless. It [is] pretty much impossible to walk out empty-handed. Can’t wait to see what I can add to my record collection from this place.”

3. Mud“Located right outside of the Astor Place subway stop, Mud is a bright orange coffee truck that serves anything from lattes to cayenne pepper hot chocolate! The first time I checked it out, The Ramones were blaring from inside the truck, which is an A+ in my book. Who can go wrong with good tunes and good coffee?”

4. Village Style. “A new favorite spot in the East Village is Village Style, an adorable vintage shop containing beauties from decades past. [It has] the best selection of vintage that I have come by so far in the city. On my first visit, I couldn’t help but snag a beautiful mod style coat that has quickly become one of my staple pieces during this cold winter. I can’t wait to go back and scour the racks again, and I’m pretty sure in a few weeks, the shop owners will know me by name!”

Thanks for the tour, Bonnie! Readers — what are your must-dos for New York City?

About blogghostwritermodcloth

, , ,

13 Responses to Touring New York City with Flashes of Style

1. Dom 03/02/2012 at 12:17 pm #

Ah!!! Lovely choice! I’m such a huge fan of Bonnie and is such an avid reader of her blog! I don’t live any NYC but I’m beyond sure that these places visited have to be amazing gems of the city.

2. afef 03/02/2012 at 12:34 pm #

This makes me want to visit NYC so much more :) i’m in love with the photos snapped for this post as well!

3. Sami 03/02/2012 at 12:42 pm #

I don’t live in NYC, but whenever I’m in the city, I have to stop for cupcakes! Baked by Melissa is my favorite (http://www.bakedbymelissa.com/) xo

4. daintygirltoronto 03/02/2012 at 12:48 pm #

I absolutely adore NYC! The food, the shopping, the nightlife…amazing! I always need to check out The Limelight Marketplace for some boutique shopping (there’s 50+ shops in this gorgeous renovated church marketplace). While I’m there, I have to have Grimaldi’s Pizza…founded in Brooklyn, but they also have a location at Limelight and it’s to die for!

Check out my recent NYC adventures and more recommendations on my blog:

Dainty Girl

5. camilla 03/02/2012 at 1:41 pm #

Awsome! I will be saving this article untill my dream of travelling to New York comes true! <3

6. Jacqueline 03/02/2012 at 2:23 pm #

Ahh the Mud Truck =) I love it so much. This post makes me feel lame for living right outside the city and going so little=(

7. Sara 03/02/2012 at 2:54 pm #

I love going to the Comedy Cellar new NYU and having a pitch of bad beer and spending 2+hrs laughing my butt off!! These snaps of Boonie have me wishing I was in NYC now, even at the grey of winter <33 her coat is so lovely!

8. Sabina 03/02/2012 at 6:05 pm #

Love how Bonnie looks in the dress and coat. But seeing the pic of Bleecker Bob’s made me sad because I heard it’s closing. For shopping in the East Village, I don’t think you can beat Tokio 7 or Enz’s. I also recommend most of the shops along Thrift Shop Row (East 23rd St. between Second Avenue and Lexington.)

9. Anastasia 03/03/2012 at 9:58 am #

I love Bonnie! Nice post.I wish I could visit all these places :)
    xo
    Anastasia

10. Jessica @ Here(and)Now 03/03/2012 at 11:08 am #

Love Bonnie and her blog! Great picks
    xx

11. Eliza 03/03/2012 at 1:53 pm #

Hmm….visiting my cousin in NYC was certainly an adventure. Since it was my first time, she took me to all the “tourist-y” places. (i.e. Empire State, Statue of Liberty, etc…) If I ever go again, I want to check out the interesting, unique places. This post gives me new additions to my wishlist. Thanks!

12. Annalise 03/04/2012 at 8:43 pm #

I hope that one day I’ll be able to visit all of these places. It looks like such fun.
    XOXO

13. Retro Corsets 03/05/2012 at 1:18 am #

Brilliant post i really want to go to NYC soon!