Tieka Shares a Peek Inside Her Suitcase!

Hi, ModCloth readers! Tieka here from Selective Potential. I’m all packed up for my trip out to the Texas Style Council Conference. I’m so excited to spend time with so many fellow bloggers, meet new people, see some great style, and learn more about blogging!

For the Solo Happy Hour, I thought I’d wear this cute yellow dress with a fun art pattern. I love the fancy detail of the gold buttons on the shoulder. This dress will be perfect for a relaxed evening of socializing before the crazy weekend begins!

For the Speed Mentoring Breakfast and Boutique Crawl on Saturday, I wanted to wear something comfortable, yet fun. I went for a nautical color theme, featuring my favorite pleated ModCloth skirt, navy blue blouse, and red striped scarf! For the Boutique Crawl, we’ll be doing a lot of walking — so packing flats is a must! I can’t wait to stop at a food truck for the first time while we’re out shopping.

On Sunday, for the big Social Media Symposium, I packed an adorable floral print Eva Franco dress, my Mary Jane heels, a vintage lace top, and my circle sunnies for the sunny Texas weather. I’ll be standing up there in style along with Turi for our workshop session! I’m hoping to pull off bare legs for the entire trip. Coming from Michigan, it almost seems impossible!

Are you attending the Texas Style Council Conference? What will you wear?

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

About blogghostwritermodcloth

15 Responses to Tieka Shares a Peek Inside Her Suitcase!

1. Jjanga 03/06/2012 at 8:41 am #

Love it! She is so cute :)

xoxo, Jjanga

2. Britt 03/06/2012 at 9:44 am #

Love that floral printed dress!! Actually, I kind of love it all. The print on the first dress is beautiful and that skirt and blouse paired together is perfect! How is it that I can never pack this well or this efficiently??

Austin is having amazing weather right now, so soak it in while you can! I’ll be at the conference next year, excited to be a part of it all!

3. Kellyn D 03/06/2012 at 1:54 pm #

I am so seriously jealous of everyone who gets to go to the Texas Style Council. I only live a few hours away but it’s already sold out :(

My heart’s oh so broken.

4. Lisa 03/06/2012 at 7:22 pm #

Tieka is one of my very favorite bloggers!

5. Laura 03/06/2012 at 7:42 pm #

Gahhh, so many fantastic pieces!

6. Girl and Closet (@girlandcloset) 03/06/2012 at 7:54 pm #

Yay, what a lovely post by one of my favourite bloggers! I love all of these gorgeous items – fabulous inspiration!! xo

7. Sara 03/06/2012 at 7:57 pm #

Love your color combinations and outfits! I am attending as well! This is my first year and I am excited to learn more about blogging and how to grow my blog! Hope to meet you there!

8. Ashley 03/06/2012 at 9:13 pm #

Love the pleated skirt and blue blouse. Great outfit choices Tieka!

9. Dani 03/07/2012 at 2:38 am #

Ah! So adorable. I really, really can’t wait until everyone comes home from this conference and I can finally see all the pictures. Everyone’s been hyping it for weeks, and I’m so excited!

Also, Tieka, that yellow dress is probably absolutely perfect on you. You wear yellow so well. It should really be like a signature color or something. <3

10. Katrina 03/07/2012 at 5:34 am #

That last dress is so gorgeous! Can’t wait to see pictures from the trip!

11. Quiqui 03/07/2012 at 6:32 am #

Everything is so cute!!! Can’t wait to see Tieka outfit pictures!!

12. Eliza 03/07/2012 at 10:58 am #

I love the name Tieka! I also am in love with the outfits. This is a great peek inside an efficiently packed suitcase. Thanks so much!

13. Mikaela 03/08/2012 at 5:44 pm #

Great outfit! Love the bright and sunny 70s esque floral pattern paired with the black lace and statement heels. I really couldn’t agree more with your choice of the “Happy Hour” dress as I have the exact one hanging in my closet as well ;) Yellow colors are terribly, terribly under-worn these days!

14. Dom 03/09/2012 at 10:19 am #

Super cute outfits that go beyond the boring old basics that get stuffed into suitcases just for the sake of space. Ha.

15. Namitha 03/11/2012 at 10:40 pm #

The shoes are awesome!!! :)