Spring Forward in Salt-Water Sandals!

We’re jumping for joy over one of our latest addition to the shop: Salt-Water Sandals! And if you think you might recognize them, you could just be right! Salt-Water Sandals have been made in the U.S.A. by the Hoy Shoe Company since 1944. So, dig up those old family photos and see if you can spot a snapshot of you, or even your mom, sporting these super cute sandals!

Not only do these sandals spark up memories of days past, but they also have an equally heartwarming history. Walter Hoy founded the shoe company after having served in World War I. With experience as a shoe cutter, he started his own company using scrap leather left behind from the manufacturing of military boots. It was an idea before its time, but after many denied patents, he finally got his dream and Salt-Water Sandals was born! They’re still made today with all-leather uppers that can be worn in or out of the water, hosed off, or thrown in the washing machine when dirty. The best part? We have them in multiple colors at an affordable price, so you can expose your toes in these charming sandals all summer long!

About Erin

Erin is our resident California girl with a love for everything vintage. She’s the creative force behind Calivintage.com and she’s joined the ModCloth blog team to share her passion for vintage-inspired style, cycling adventures, and silly hats!

, , , , ,

7 Responses to Spring Forward in Salt-Water Sandals!

1. Sydney Ballesteros 03/09/2012 at 1:29 pm #

I think I definitely need a pair of red ones for the summer!

~Syd

2. Sell Gold San Francisco 03/09/2012 at 2:09 pm #

The sandals look great, and they sure do fit the bill for reliability. You could save a lot of cash buying a pair of those and keeping them for several years as opposed to purchasing several other sandal brands.

3. Al 03/09/2012 at 2:38 pm #

I wore these things constantly as a kid! I am tempted to get a pair now and paint them up for a new look :D

4. Rachel Parrish 03/09/2012 at 3:25 pm #

I have two pair that I have wear all the time! It’s 70 degrees since Christmas in the NorCal Valley! I love my saltwaters!

Rachel

5. Eliza 03/11/2012 at 10:56 am #

My mom had a pair of these! Awww….the memories…..

6. Mommy 03/12/2012 at 2:45 pm #

How fun was that shoot! I need a pair!

7. Holly Taylor (@pickletreat) 03/15/2012 at 8:25 am #

I have wanted a pair of these for some time. I am addicted to dressing like a little girl on an adventure/at boarding school and these just seem perfect for summer and totally suit my style. I love the choice in colour, I really wouldn’t know which one to go for!

Holly